Repairline or pcsystemFix

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Clodbuster, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Clodbuster

Clodbuster New Member

Hi,
    I'm coming onto this forum as I've been approached by pcsystemFix to contract looking after my computers (I have 5 dotted around the country) I did a Google and nothing came up on that name but one thread suggested they were Repairline in another life. Both are based in Castleford.
    Repairline don't seem to have a good rep and changing names sends alarm bells ringing.
    There is a closed thread in this forum but most/many of the posts are from ex-employees. I am looking for advice on the quality of this company.
    Thank in advance.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

you have 5 computers dotted around the country?

3. Clodbuster

Clodbuster New Member

I have 5 guys working out the office, currently bring them in if theres a hassle. It would be quite nice to have a firm who will go to them to fix.

4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Why have you got 5 PCs dotted around the country?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Are you technical?

Do you mostly have hardware issues or software ones?

At present do you resolve the issues when the PC's come 'back to base'?

I'm just wondering if a solution such as LogMeIn might be worth your while.

7. Clodbuster

Clodbuster New Member

Hi to you all,
    I run an Electric Fencing company and have 5 guys who operate within their areas. We've only had one issue and that was a virus. I use, and have a a good rapport with a guy in the local town who has sorted us out so far but it will be a bit of a hassle if a machine went down. So far we've been lucky, but that can change.

Nip, I'm not computer technical, can operate the things and not much more. Had a quick look at "Log me in" and it looks much as I was offered. pcsystemfix will log in remotely to try and fix and only go out if that is not successful.

8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

have you thought about employing an IT guy part-time or when needed sort of thing as I am sure these contracters will be charging you an arm & a leg.

And it really isn't technical for you to be able to run a virus scan at the end of each week and maintain your firewall yourself.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Good point:thumbleft :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello & Welcome to CF :sunny

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  11. PopTech

PopTech New Member

Hey,

I can confirm Systmfix and repairline are not the same company, Systmfix are an independent company dealing mostly with business and home user support, where repairline to my knowledge do mostly warranty work for various manufacturers. As for repairlines reputation although I cannot personally comment on how good or bad they are it makes sense that since it who contacts them has a faulty PC its not surprising that you hear about people not happy with their computers? Perhaps the blame lies with the suppliers of the faulty PC's as opposed to the companies that get brought in to try pickup the pieces when things go wrong?

Regards.:D

12. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Suddenly as if by magic someone posts on the subject, so how long have you worked for them?
    Oh silly me you just happen to know both are not the same!!:rolleyes:

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  13. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

OK, PopTech... tell me how they aren't the same company? Suggest you read the name under Merchant...

I agree with MrNerdy. This is as fishy as fishy can be...

Anyway... :offtopic this is the New Member area, so Welcome to CF! 8)

14. PopTech

PopTech New Member

No i do not work for them. I dealt with Repairline through MESH Computers as I had a fault on my system and with a platinum warranty repairline dealt with it. I must say since then they have been brilliant with me. I have had no conflictions. They do onsite and back to base as I have had both when they could not fix my computer onsite. They were very fast an thourough. Then a few weeks ago, as my warranty was coming to an end PC Systm Fix got in contact with me and asked if I would like to extend the warranty. Both companies are based in/near Leeds (Me being me, I asked) One is based in Castleford (I think that is right) and one is based near Leeds City Centre.

As for working for them...I wish I had the knowledge some of these guys have. :blink

I hope this helps.

Sorry for any confusion.

15. greenbrucelee

I believe you, just like I believe Lee Harvey Oswald Killed JFK all on his own :lol:

16. redcard

redcard Bit Poster

He's certainly very gushing in his appraisal :blink

17. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

To the OP - Welcome to CF

Well there is a lot of evidence to suggest that he was working on his own - I wouldn't pay too much attention to the JFK film! :D

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  18. greenbrucelee

I have never seen it, my problem is that there were 3 different shots in close succession and the particular single shot rifle Oswald had can not be loaded that quickly plus one the shots came from a different angle that Oswald couldn't have made.

19. CDS74

CDS74 New Member

Hi,

I used to work for pcsystem fix and did not work out of an office in Leeds or Castlford, we worked out of an office in Marbella, i left after a month as things just didn't add up. Unfortunately out here in Spain the English feel its right to set up scams and rip there own countrymen off. Apparently after about 6 months the staff turned upto the office only to find the operation closed down.