renewal of cisco papers

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by jamessimo, Sep 14, 2009.

1. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Hi All

As some of you know I passed my BSCI on friday 11/09/09. I now have 3yrs to get ccnp 11/09/12. If I was to say hyperthetically pass my BCMSN in january 2010 does that mean i will have till january 2013 to complete the track, or is would the completion date still be 11/09/12

Thanks for your help guys

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If I'm not mistaken, your BSCI can only be used towards the CCNP if you have passed it within three years of completing the entire track. Thus, you would have to complete the CCNP by 11 September 2012.

That said, I've seen exams listed in the Cisco Certifications Tracking System that I've taken that were taken MORE than three years ago that still (supposedly) count towards certification. Still, I wouldn't rely on Cisco to give you any grace period.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Thanks for that.

I beleive the BSCI is also part of the CCIP track and CCDP track. SO it may change it a bit. I did speak to some on on another forum and they said everytime you pass an exam starting with 642 it reset's it for 3 yrs. I guess I will see once I pass BCMSN

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip