Remember, Remember the 5th of November, FREE IPv6 Webinar

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cisco lab rat, Nov 5, 2012.

1. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Hi All

Forget celebrating the failure to take down the gubbermint in 1605 by Mr Fawkes instead why don't you toooon into my rather splendid free IPv6 webinar on the 5th of November 8:00pm until 9:00pm (ish), can't promise you fireworks but I will show you a picture of a horse I saw last week.

REGISTER HERE: IPv6 Follow the instructions and away you go

Remember it's free and all are welcome, same rules as always:

You'll need same as before:

1: Headset, mic not required as there is a facility to ask questions via the IM.

2: ordinateur

3: Internet connection

4: a comfy chair

5: Attire, just a pair of Marigolds and a hat

All welcome

Nice

Joe

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Nice one Joe,

I'm signed up. Comes at a good time for me as we are just about to start a project to move to IPv6, so will be good to have some knowledge on it beforehand and start to get to grips with it all. :)

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. cisco lab rat

v6 is interesting once you start getting into the tunnelling side of the things, it is a fairly easy addressing scheme to get to grips with far easier than say v4.

4. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I'm sure I will find out shortly. I've had the briefest of looks at the new addressing format and some of the basic addressing rules etc, but it is only brief, so this should be a really useful intro for me! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again for tonights session Joe, Not sure if it's made more or less sense yet, but as it sinks in then i'm sure the session will become more and more useful! :)

Definitely some good stuff that I did learn though! Well worth an hour of my time!

5. cisco lab rat

You have to lab it for it to really sink in. I was always a little uneasy with IPv6, I thought it was going to be Ninjaneering sort of grade, once I started playing with IPv6 it turned out to be a pussy cat, without labbing it would have taken me ages to figure the thing out from the manuals.

Pleased you liked it, I got a little carried away like I do when I teach something I enjoy

6. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Makes it all the easier to listen to and participate in mate! It's good that you get carried away, shows how much you believe in what you are trying to teach!

I'm all GNS3 as the moment but I do need to get some equipment! Life keeps getting in the way though! Had a baby girl a year ago, bought a house a month after, finally started catching up and injector died in my car on Friday so cost me £400!

All the more reason I love the fact you do these occasional freebies, they help me out more than you'll ever know! I still intend on sitting the full course with you but I just never seem to be able to get the cash together! You need to start offering instalments! Lol.