Register for Beta Exam 71-685: PRO: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Kitkatninja, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Register for Beta Exam 71-685: PRO: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician

You are invited to take beta exam 71-685: PRO: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician. If you pass the beta exam, the exam credit will be added to your transcript and you will not need to take the exam in its released form. The 71-xxx identifier is used for registering for beta versions of MCP exams, when the exam is released in its final form the 70-xxx identifier is used for registration.

By participating in beta exams, you have the opportunity to provide the Microsoft Certification program with feedback about exam content, which is integral to development of exams in their released version. We depend on the contributions of experienced IT professionals and developers as we continually improve exam content and maintain the value of Microsoft certifications.

71-685: PRO: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician counts as credit towards the following certification(s).

1. MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician, Windows 7

See here for more info.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Thanks Ken, going to try to register for that puppy :thumbleft

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. gomcse2002

gomcse2002 Nibble Poster

Anyone got any leads or materials to study for this beta exam ??

Certifications: MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCAS, A+, N+, S+, i+
    WIP: MCITP Windows 2008 server
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Windows 7 itself is all you've got to study.

Why would there be any materials for this exam yet? It's not yet live.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

delete

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  7. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Do you think it's worth taking if you've not used the OS before?
    I'm tempted but won't be able to study until the 30th!

8. Kitkatninja

To be honest, I would say "no". Unless you wanted to see what the exam is like.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  9. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  10. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

I registered for it. Whats the situation with the four hours?

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  11. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

As its a beta exam there are loads more questions than you would see on the live exam when it is released. so on the real exam you may get 40 questions, but on this one you will get around 90 ish.

12. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Ok sweet. I assume you therefore have to pass more questions and do them all in theory to get the max mark?

I saw some people never stay for the whole 4 hours, this affects ur pass mark?

SOrry for the ignorance but haven't a clue.

Just playing around with Windows 7 Ultimate and Enteprise at work and home on virtual pc, 3 weeks to get up to date with knowledge.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  13. Kitkatninja

The only thing that affects your score is the number of questions you get right and wrong.

-Ken