Recruitment Agencies

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jada, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Jada

Jada Bit Poster

Anyone recomend any good IT Recruitment Agencies to register with?

Jada

WIP: A+, N+
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Yeah;

www.reed.co.uk
    www.monster.com
    www.theitjobboard.co.uk

Good luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Have a look at this thread done by Arisen. It mentions quite a few recuitment agencies...

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

In my experance none!

Reasons are quite simple

1) They have no idea about IT

2) They have no idea about geography

I have been placed for several interviews where after about 5 mins both the interviewer and I have realised that the agency have not understood the job spec.

I been sent jobs that are 200 miles away "because it is local"!

In over 20 years in IT I've never got a job via an agency. Found them all by doing the leg work myself.

6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

i've had the opposite experiance to Sandy in that pretty much all my jobs in IT from investment banks to central government have been via Agencies, granted Agencies are not all that great, especially at the entry level period, but they do seem to serve a purpose

obviously being in London theres a lot more jobs and a lot less geography involved for them to mess up on, i can just imagine Sandys example 'Oh Scotland, you live there right????''' lol

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. Jada

Jada Bit Poster

Thanks yall, will be giving those a go

WIP: A+, N+
  8. PaulC

PaulC Nibble Poster

Agencies have been a mixed bag for me. I've had some phone up offering very entry level first line roles for £10 to 12k, when my CV clearly states I'm doing the equivalent of 2nd line support and on far more than that and clearly states I wish to progress my career upward. You get off the phone screaming 'did you read my CV!!!!!!!'. Then I've had others phone up offering to put my CV forward for jobs I clearly wouldn't have experience of qualifications to do. But if you keep perservering you'll find something. Get your CV posted online, sign up for jobs via email and apply for posts yourself. Don't put all your eggs in one basket as they say.

Certifications: MCDST;MCSA: Messaging;MCSE
    WIP: CCENT