Recommended CCNP Path

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by sunn, Jun 10, 2008.

1. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

What’s the recommended path to obtain the CCNP? The common answers in the past were any order so long as CIT (troubleshooting) was last.

Since the exams have changed (there is no specific trouble-shooting exam) is there a recommended path; and why?

I’ve got a feeling this has been asked before, but I didn’t see any answers relevant to the new exams.

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd do BSCI first, then BCMSN. After that, I'm torn... most people go ISCW then ONT, but the ONT book content looks *very* similar to stuff on the BCMSN...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Thanks BM...

So here's the thing, I'm thinking of doing ONT next. My reasoning is I've found a study group that I can work with. Their path was BCMSN; BSCI; ONT & ISCW. I didn't follow that path (I did BSCI first), but I'm thinking I can do the next 2 with them. I'll wrap up the BCMSN on my own.

So the question is (take experience out of the equation) how doable is this approach?
    *I have about the same experience across the board with these subjects

Thoughts?

4. BosonMichael

Mm.... ultimately, the decision is yours... but I'm not sure I'd do ONT without doing BCMSN first.

That said, you're pretty smart... probably wouldn't affect you either way.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

:blink Not sure about the 'smart' comment :biggrin
    ... thanks for the feedback... :)

6. BosonMichael

You found CF, didn't you? 8)