Recommended books

Discussion in 'Server+' started by the_shadow, Sep 3, 2008.

1. the_shadow

the_shadow Bit Poster

I know this question is asked a lot, but I have looked on the comptia site, and the recommended book is the exam cram 2. Has anyone used this to pass/study and can vouch for how good it is? Could do with a quick response as I want to get it ordered. Thanks.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

People on here have used and said it was good. Just remember that a book with the work cram in the title usually means it is used for final preperation before doing the exam.

The best books for the A+ are compTIA A+ all in one exam guide 6th edition by Mike Meyers and PC Technician street smarts by James Pyles.

Also look at the MIke Meyers passport book for exam revision.

Never buy just one book for a cert.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Exam Cram2 Book... apparantly...

Thanks Harry - I'll never skim read a GBL response again :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

<Cough> The OP posted in the Server+ section!

The Exam Cram2 book is about the *only* book available for this cert. I have this book and it isn't too bad, but as my studying for this cert is currently 'on-hold' I don't know if it covers the topics sufficiently or correctly.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

:oops: I thought twas the A+ :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. the_shadow

the_shadow Bit Poster

Well like I said, it's only one of two on the comptia site, so surely it must cover it all? (fingers crossed). I just wanted to know from someone who had used it succesfully to pass. :D