Problem Really annoying error with exchange 2k3 outlook 2k3

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zainek, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Zainek

Zainek Nibble Poster

Hiya all,

We have an issue at work with a mailbox thats been created, we can send and reiceive mail fine through owa
    And even when i log on to that NT acc, i created profile and tested it and it works fine.

Now it plays up when someone has permissions to use it, currently two users Ms X and Ms Y, none of them including me can send with out getting the error below. all permissions are correctly enabled.
    Everyone has full mailbox access checked in mailbox rights in their NT accounts.

I have removed profiles, recreated , deleted app data, checked mail relays, connectors etc.

We get the below error and this is to internal recipients and external too.
    Any help would be greatly apprciated - or im going to give up and delete and try and recreate the mailbox

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
    Sent: 27/10/2010 10:06

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

[email protected] on 27/10/2010 10:06
    You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
    MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=net/DC=domain:mailserver

Certifications: MCTS, ITILv3 F, MCTS, MBCS, MCITP:EA C&G
    WIP: CCA Xenapp 5.0 & VMWARE
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

You might want to check the e-mail account and make sure it has the right or permission to send to that user or distribution group.

This error usually appears if you're trying to send e-mails to a mail list group that you don't have the permission to send on behalf of set.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Zainek

Zainek Nibble Poster

What a brilliant a deduction and woefull oversight on my part.
    Commiting ritual japanese poit deduction... cheers mate

Certifications: MCTS, ITILv3 F, MCTS, MBCS, MCITP:EA C&G
    WIP: CCA Xenapp 5.0 & VMWARE
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Glad to be of some help as that's what this forum stands for:) and thanks for acknowledging.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell