Ready for the A+ test...whats next??

Discussion in 'A+' started by jammed24, Oct 16, 2007.

1. jammed24

jammed24 Bit Poster

Hi, hope somebody can give me some advice regarding where and how to book a A+ test. I have intensively revised and bought parts to build a new computer(expensive but worth) while learning all the skills from Mike Meyers book. I am ready for the test now. The question is how do I book a test?

Also the test is two parts, what does the essentials cover and 220-602 cover?? I hope I can get some advice please.

Next....Network+

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sign up to take the exam through either Prometric or VUE... it's as simple as that.

The test isn't in two parts; there are two separate tests. Exam objectives for each exam can be found on CompTIA's A+ site.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what he said.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. hybridtek

hybridtek New Member

so there is certifications for 2003 and from what i can see it was in 2006 that they changed it to a new system. So does it matter which one i get? do i need to get the certification for 2006 for my cert to be valid or does it matter which one i get?

5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Well you won't be able to sit the old exam now, as far as I know it's no longer available to even book. What you need to check is that you have revised for the new objectives, not the old ones.

I think there should be a chart showing what's changed between the old and the new available on CompTIA's website, but I can't find it at the moment.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. greenbrucelee

2003 objectives no longer apply, if you study the 2003 objectives you will be going to an exam that covers material you wont have studied for.

7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. hybridtek

hybridtek New Member

so I'll take the new 2006 one, The book i have tho i think is an older one so it might not cover most of the new stuff. So I have to take the essentials one, and it says i need to take 2 exams to get the cert. So do i pick whichever one I want or like the one that is most relevant to my field?

9. greenbrucelee

you have to do 220-601 essentials then you pick either 220-602 IT Technician(which most people do), 220-603 or 220-604 the 603 and 604 are not usually done unless you work in remote support and your employer requires it.

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just remember that it's cheaper to buy a new book than it is to have to retake a failed exam due to lack of coverage. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!