Re-Taking network +

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by morph, Jan 13, 2010.

1. morph

morph Byte Poster

So comptia exams have been brought into line with other vendors - if you've gone from network + and got your ccna - would u re-take you network + ?

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Nope. I'd concentrate on ensuring I spent my hard earned cash and study time on retaking my CCNA at the appropriate time, and possibly buying some extra kit for the likes of CCNP. 8)

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If you read my thread on the Comptia Certification Renewal policy, you'll see that there is a certification renewal program where you don't have to resit an exam.

More details to follow on the exact in's and out's mid-2010.

Personally, since I alway do continuing development, I would only renew my Comptia certs if the things that I do is acceptable - I wouldn't go out of my way to do it as it's not compulsory for my job role.

-Ken

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Theres no way il be renewing my A+, the MS certs are far more important anyway IMO. Ive also sent an email to CompTIA telling them that lol :D

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house