RDP connection administration.

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by jef, Mar 5, 2009.

1. jef

jef Bit Poster

I'm doing some practice questions on 70-290. And there's a question about administrating TS sessions remotely on your computer. and the answer being to assign yourself full control over remote desktop protocol connections.

This I understand fine, the only problem is how? Is there some button somewhere for this? Do I have to assign it to the account via GPO or somthing? I can't find anything in the GPO editor about it, and I can't see anything in the TS tab on active directory users & computers...

Much appreciated,
    James.

Certifications: nowt.
    WIP: bits and bobs
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Think you might be needing to lookat Administrative Tools > Terminal Services and Terminal Services Configuration.

The GPO's are located in Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Terminal Services

Don't forget to add users into the correct groups to allow RDP Login which is Remote Desktop Users.

Lastly if you are using Windows Firewall and have deployed this, you will need to create an exception under Port 3389.

HTH

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5