RATE MY CV (Translation: HELP!)

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by genesis88, Jul 7, 2010.

1. genesis88

genesis88 New Member

1) Design/Layout/Font
    2)Content/Relevance (I'm looking for a 1st line role, who isnt?)
    3)Improvements?
    4) I'm trying to be privacy-sensitive but I don't think i did a good job
    Thanks in advance!
    [​IMG]

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

1. Do you have any experience in IT? Or is your technical experience home based?

2. You did 2 years at Uni. You've stated that you haven't finished the degree, you should have at least come out with a HNC/HND/DipHE? If you didn't make enquires into it, it looks better if you came out with some award, instead of none.

Just a quick view, as I don't have a lot of time...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Richy19

Richy19 Bit Poster

instead of saying you installed windows xp you should say that you have installed OS'es in general (i take it you have installed both windows and linux)
    also instead of saying home network say you installed a small LAN

as for the layout i personally like how it looks as its tidy and such, however i dont know what employees would think of it as they would usually like all the CVs to be in the same format

finally iPad :/

WIP: BTEC ND IT, CCENT, A+, N+
  4. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi,
    am i reading this right.. Your'e an MCSA???

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  5. genesis88

genesis88 New Member

1) No commercial IT experience, just a lot of things I've done at home and for mates and all of it is self taught
    2)I went to uni for two years and dropped out with no qualification.
    3)Will change the the installation of OSes more general rather than just XP
    4)Yes I got an iPad! It was an impulse purchase, but I love the user experience on it :)
    5)Yes I 'have' and MCSA because I studied 6 months for it under the false promise that I would get a job at this company (Dyanmics IT, scumbags).

I've been in two minds as the whether I should include that on my CV. Given that I have no experience I get the impression that agencies will assume it is a paper qualification with no worth. On the other hand I worked bloody hard for it and read so many textbooks and various websites just to get a theoretical grasp of it, so why shouldn't I show it off?

6. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi,
    it just read like you had only done one thing, then you see MCSA. Maybe put setup and troubleshooting networks, to include wifi, ethernet, ADSL etc. Just more general covering more.

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  7. sidramalik100

sidramalik100 New Member

Well in which language do you want to translation because their are various language in the world when you will tell then we will be able to translate it thanks for your posting . but plz mention there.

8. vgarg

vgarg Nibble Poster

If it was me I would remove the degree and move the MCSA into that slot.

Certifications: ECDL;CIW;HNC Business Computing
    WIP: A+;MCDST;N+;Bsc Computing