RANT

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by troubledtony, Mar 8, 2006.

1. troubledtony

troubledtony Bit Poster

HI all been busy with A+ and life but just can't help losing it a bit sometimes , Ive got a nice big thirsty jeep :twisted: and as i'm a supreme fiddler i,m making it a lot less thirsty, so i've bought some nice goodies some from my local jeep dealer, he didn,t object to taking my cash, time comes to fit said goodies, to do one job i need to remove the inlet manifold, for those of you not mechanically minded thats the bit where air and fuel get into engine, the nice man at main dealer sold me a gasket but didn't mention the SPECIAL TOOL(perhaps he thought that was me! :blink ) i'd need to diconnect the fuel line, so i wanderedback to MD and ring the bell for service and a tired looking chap offers his able assistance, i explain to him what i'm doing and what i needed, now i've seen blank looks... i've two teenage daughters!!!, but this guy was an award winner :rolleyes: by some secret means he attracted another member of staff, now this is were i lose it! i explain to this chap again what i need and, is there some subliminal programing that tese people undergo so they can spew out policy without blinking or at least looking embarrassed, He says no mate we don't lend out tools, i say no, i want to buy one, AH no he says, we'll have to do that for you, sooooo i says i don't think i'll be doing that, he says, it's the only way mate! :x :mad OK i lost it, so i say you're telling me that you,ll take my money and sell me spares i can't fit, then he said those fatal words..IT's COMPANY POLICY it's a health and safety issue.. WHAT i say, it's a bloody ass covering issue and it's :cussing :blink me off, and as i left he said, thank you for your custom... yes i bet!

Hands up those old enough to remember a time when you could ask someones advice without them getting a major attack of litigation paranoia...

Thanks for listening doctor i think i'll go and lie down now

Certifications: none
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

There threre Tony!

Hope you feel better for that! :biggrin

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

As someone who spent 11 years as a time served technician the dealership i worked in would not give any advice out to Jo public. Quite often people would hang around the workshop doors to say "oh, do you need to use stretch bolts on a ....." or "i have done this and can't get this to work".

The other thing is the Parts departments purpose was to supply parts for service, bodyshop, the trade and Jo public. They will sell you what you want....

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. troubledtony

troubledtony Bit Poster

yes thank you! it helps you know....

5. troubledtony

troubledtony Bit Poster

Before i get a torrent of abuse from all you techs out there, i've done my time too, i know how it works and it wouldn,t have hurt him to look up the item which is listed in their parts inventory, one of which i have sitting on table in front of me and the gadget i orderd direct off the net, i didn't want anything for free i don't want his advice i JUST WANT THE KIT TO DO THE JOB, after all someone else got the cash anyway,,,,,

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Calm calm calm 8)

Thanks for sharing Tony :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)