Random A+ questions

Discussion in 'A+' started by Cosmic Cha, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Cosmic Cha

Cosmic Cha New Member

This question could probably be answered with a resource on the web, but I've no idea what I'm talking about so my keywords arn't helping me.

question 1) Is the essentials exam the most 'advanced', does it cover all of the other ones? I'm planning on taking Network+ and then Security+ later, so essentials would be the best option, right?

2)The exam vouchers, I was looking through websites that offer them, and they are pretty expensive, I know you get practise questions also but how much to the vouchers knock off? I know theres plenty of free practice questions, and there a lot on the CD that came with my all in one A+ book.

3)The 2007 exam cram is coming out in June from what I have read, and would really like a reference book like that, but cant wait until june for it, I have finished reading the all in one guide, and just need something like that, I am planning on booking my exam with prometric (sp?) asap.

4)There is an Hardware and a OS exam for A+, do you take both or one or the other?

Thanks for reading my post, and sorry if I come across as being a little lazy, I just struggled finding information.

Thanks alot.

2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

www.comptia.org would be your best research for the A+ exam, as well as this site!

Firstly, welcome on board. The A+ is a great place to start - but it is undergoing some changes, so you need to be clear on what you have studied so far.

The CompTIA site will tell you how the exam is changing - it is going from a required 2 exam setup (Hardware and OS) to 3 'mix and match' exams to provide a base for your chosen career track.

http://certification.comptia.org/a/default.aspx

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Cosmic Cha

Cosmic Cha New Member

Right, so the Essentials and 220-602 IT technician is probally the best starting point.

Thanks for your help,

Just questions 2, and 3 I'm still a little stuck on. :biggrin

4. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

getcertifiedforless.com is the best place for A+ vouchers it seems - both for US or international use.

Depending on where you are it will provide different savings, the comptia website has a list of its prices for different countries in the A+ section for the exams.

As for books the Mike Meyers A+ all in one book gets great reviews here from people that have used it, I personally like the Sybex A+ book.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ACA
    WIP: Still to be decided!
  5. Cosmic Cha

Cosmic Cha New Member

Thank you for the reply,

I will do some research into the vouchers then.

I don't think you understood my question when I was asking about books, I have read through the A+ All In One, but am now looking for an exam cram, however, the 2007 exam cram is said to be coming out in June, I can't wait that long, so does anybody know of a reference like that relevant to the 2007 objectives?

Thanks

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Cosmic Cha

Cosmic Cha New Member

That's pretty cool! :D

So would this book offer condensed summary points of the main objectives discussed in the All In One book? Or is it another resource for the actual exam?

I know you might be bias, but either way I will probably end up buying it, as I need one of those lab manuals anyway. :)

Cheers.

8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+