Quiz

Discussion in 'A+' started by hans.andrei, Feb 25, 2010.

1. hans.andrei

hans.andrei Bit Poster

Which of the following is it possible to do with multimonitor settings?

a. Connect multiple monitors to your computer only by using a graphics adapter with two video interfaces;
    b. Cause two different Desktops to merge onto the same monitor;
    c. Connect two laptops together so they display the same Desktop;
    d. Display different parts of your Desktop on different monitors;

I`m curios to see what answer you will give to me!

Best regards
    Andrei

WIP: Comp Tia A+ exam 220-701 + 220-702
  2. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Hmm I havent studied any of this but I guess the answer may be d? As you can use differnt monitors and drag your mouse from one monitor to the next?

Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'm curious to know where you got this question from.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. hans.andrei

hans.andrei Bit Poster

yes you are right Dave! That one is the corecct answer.
    In the beginning when I was reading that question I thought there is no answer
    than I just search for some videos on google about Multi monitor and I found useful one.
    Now I can say I know how to use multi monitor option. Until now I didn`t have a clue.

Andrei

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Is this your homework?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. hans.andrei

hans.andrei Bit Poster

I`m using as training manual: COMP TIA A+ Complete study guide (Sybex publication) exam 220-701. Chapter 3 review question.

What do you think about this book?

Andrei

7. hans.andrei

hans.andrei Bit Poster

If you want we can say it`s my own homework, because I`m study by my self!

8. greenbrucelee

Never read it, I used The Mike Meyers book to pass my A+

Good move to self study.

9. hans.andrei

hans.andrei Bit Poster

may I ask if any of you can help me with Mike Meyers review question? (PDF?)
    Or do you have any ideea where I can go to check my knowledge over the internet?
    Thank you
    Andrei

10. BosonMichael

So what does the back of the book say? That's where the answers typically are.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. greenbrucelee

The answers are usually at the back of the book.

If you want to really test your knowledge I suggest downloading legitemate practice exams www.boson.com is the best then you have Transcender and preplogic.

A good free practice exam can be found on www.proprofs.com (if you register with them you get more) but in my opinion the Boson ex-sim A+ exams will totally prepare you for both A+ exams.

12. hans.andrei

hans.andrei Bit Poster

I`ve said to Dave he was right!

The answer is D.

Andrei

13. hans.andrei

hans.andrei Bit Poster

Thank you very much greenbrucelee for your help.

Andrei

14. BosonMichael

That's all well and good... but if you're posting questions from a book simply to quiz the forum members, then please understand that you're violating copyright when you do so. I'd hate to see the questions I worked hard to write being published freely over the Internet...

15. Haze

Haze Nibble Poster

Oh come on, the guy is obviously new to the forum and has asked for help on one question he has seen in a Sybex book he has bought, he's hardly 'distributing questions freely over the internet' by doing this is he? I wish people would handle newcomers better here or they'll end up being scared away.

You should try getting involved with the music industry, I see releases from my record label being pirated every day by thousands of people and there's nothing I can do about it - you'd have a coronary if you were in my shoes.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
    Certifications: MCSA (Windows 7), MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Windows 7), MCTS: Windows 7 & Office 2010 Deployment, Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence, Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles, Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  16. BosonMichael

He wasn't asking for help on a question... he was giving us a quiz... and using the questions found in a published book.

All it takes is for a couple hundred people to "innocently" publish one question in that book for the whole book to be "leaked". I wonder if you'd have the same cavalier attitude toward violation of copyright if it had been content from YOUR book that had been posted? :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with him being a "newcomer". This has to do with a violation of copyright law. Just because he's "new" doesn't mean it's OK for him to do.

No, I wouldn't have a coronary, because there IS something that can be done about it. I work with and make my living off of Intellectual Property on a daily basis. I understand what rights a copyright owner has.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  17. Haze

Haze Nibble Poster

OK, I get the point, he wrote a question from a book on a forum. Maybe you should report him to a moderator if you are concerned he is violating copyright laws, but really my main issue here is newcomers might respond better if you don't crack that whip so harshly to get your point across.

You're not wrong in what you're saying, but the way you have done it here leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Certifications: MCSA (Windows 7), MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Windows 7), MCTS: Windows 7 & Office 2010 Deployment, Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence, Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles, Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  18. BosonMichael

If you don't like the way I've "done it here", you can click that little ! in the upper-right corner. Otherwise, I've done nothing at all wrong - I've got international copyright law and the rules of this forum on my side.

In any case, I don't need some dude with 26 posts lecturing me on what I should and shouldn't be saying. I've got more years online than you've got posts here. Sorry, mate, it's gonna take more than your opinion to make me stop standing up for what is right and good and just. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to stay silent.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  19. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Can't deny that.

But this makes you sound like an up yourself arse, sorry mate but when you start quoting Edmund Burke (badly by thwe way) in a discussion on copyright law it all starts to look a bit daft. There are many great and ridiculous injustices in the world, I'll choose to do what I can to deal with them before I start discussing copyright law in a manner which many people are more likely to see associated with genocide.

I'm happy that you see this as something worth fighting for and I understand entirely the reasons why but take your foot off the gas before you end up sounding like a total nutter would you please.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  20. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

I dont have a problem with you BM but I dont really see what his post count has to do with anything? Whether you like it or not, it comes across as if your better than someone who has less posts.

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals