Question's About A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by legendarybloody, Jul 18, 2006.

1. legendarybloody

legendarybloody New Member

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and I will be taking the A+ exam problably in December or so. I had one question regarding your age, just wanted to know at what age did you guys get your certification for the A+ Exam? Just wandering if its better to get it when your young, cause I am only 17 to be honest and yeah.... Next school year I am going through a program to get A+ and Network+ at my high school and I think its a great program so yeah just wanted to know at what age you guys passed and for how long you guys studied.

Thank and have a great day

Certifications: NONE
    WIP: A+ and Network Plus
  2. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

i'm 24, i got an A+ cert last week, i dont think it really depends on the age...more to do with your experience with operating systems, computers, your interest and wot u hope to get out of it :)

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  3. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

oh didnt read the last part of your post, took me almost a month for A+ Hardware and a month for A+ OS, but if ur experienced enough u can probably finish it earlier...

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I got mine at 18, honestly if you can spare the time to study, it doesnt realy matter the age, so good luck

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I agree with Theprof - age doesn't matter *that* much. I'm past my half-century! The only problem I find is that stuff doesn't get retained as easily as when I was younger.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. techzero

techzero Bit Poster

If you want my advice, do it as early as you can. The longer you wait, the more technology advances and leaves you in the dust. It's better to get on the bus now and keep up with the fast paced evolution of technology...

I took a two year course during my last high school years for A+/Net+ and didn't take it as seriously as I should. So I find myself two years later at the age of 20 re-studying for the A+.

I would say don't miss the opportunity.

7. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

I would have to agree that the earlier the better. Im 23 been studying for around 5 months, but due to my silly 6-2. 2-10. 10-06 shift pattern i work, Its hard to keep studying in between without getting tired.

Plus i have to keep the MRS sweet at the weekend, Or studying would become un-learnable. Im sure most guys can relate to the girlfriend thing.

Good Luck anyway

Craig

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi - i did just that... got my A+ at 17 at high school. Just make sure its a proper A+ Certificate you will end up with and not one issued by your school (i ended up with a useless school one) - its worth getting a book to end up with the real thing and by the time you finish school you will be in a very good position - better than alot of people just starting out! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics