Question for all MCSA/MCSE's

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by ukspeedster, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ukspeedster

ukspeedster Nibble Poster

Hi all,

This question is aimed at all the MCSA/MCSE's out there.

What are the potential earnings for an MCSE as their career develops, from junior to senior according to your personal experience? (for example, an MCSE with 1/2/3/4/5+ years experience)
    What would be the average earnings of an MCSE with a decent number of years experience?

Also, to all the MCSE's out there, how much experience do all of you have, what are you presently doing at work, and what salary bracket do you fit under? (25-30k, 31-35k, 36-40k, 41-45k, 46k+)

Thanks 8)

Certifications: BSc(Hons), ITIL, MCP
    WIP: MCSA 2003, CCNA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Is there a <£25k bracket? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

UK,

I am neither a MCSA or MCSE, but would hazard a guess and say anyone with the experience and track record to gain these cert's would be on &#163;25K + depending on location.

You could try entering MCSA and MCSE in to some of the agencies and see what they say.

Try;

http://theitjoboard.com
    http://reed.co.uk
    http://manpower.com

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Its very much dependant on numerous criteria

whilst a run of the mill paper MCSE has devalued the cert to the point that its a requirement for almost any job, thats not to say the cert is not still revered in certain circles where you have a proven track record to back it up
    in the channel environment you will find companies need X number of MCSE to maintain microsoft partner status, so again this becomes a business priority and not just a skill issue

a starting MCSE with no experiance would probably run around 25K in London looking in the right place, if you passed it by knowing what the hell you were doing and not blagging i imagine you could be on 30K within a year, and as over this time you will be learning more and gaining experiance by the time you get to your upper bracket mentioned, the MCSE alone will not be whats getting you the money, its the whole package

My MCSE was still important to me in my current role and i'm on quite a substantial salary, despite the fact the MS work at the moment is somewhat limited (although I have expanded our consultancy offering to include many of my bread and butter MS skillsets)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0