Question: Does learning Cisco every make you want to go back to Microsoft?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by NetEyeBall, Feb 27, 2007.

1. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

I am definately not disrespecting Microsoft, but it just seemed a bit more straight forward. I didn't nearly have to work so hard. Not that I am a master of MS anymore, by any means. I can barely login. :D

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

What makes Cisco seem harder is that 95% of the worlds PC's use Windows. You see it in use every single day of your life.

Cisco on the other hand is high end stuff that is kept out of the public's view. If you don't need to know what it does then why should you?

What makes MS seem easier it the familliarity aspect. Sit down in front of a SQL server for the first time and Cisco looks easy! :biggrin

3. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

True...I suppose I forgotten some of the issues I had with Exchange 2k when the Metabase hosed up. Ack.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No... have to use the right tool for the right job. ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!