question about exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by jreimerink, Jun 18, 2007.

1. jreimerink

jreimerink Bit Poster

Hi i passed the software exam some weeks ago. No i was asking my ( school ) for the new books to get the new exam things. but they said when i dont pass my Hardware before 1-07-07 software will be lost. is this true?

Gr Jurgen ( holland)

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

If I understand you correctly you took the A+ OS part with the 2003 objectives. The school is correct. You have only until the end of the month to pass the hardware part.

You can't mix the 2003 and 2006 exams to get A+.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

QFT, get your hardware exam booked up as you'll have to start again for the 2006 objectives...

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  4. jreimerink

jreimerink Bit Poster

so all my work and money was for nothing.

**** it

5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

It was announced in plenty of time that A+ was being updated.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... there's been about a year's worth of notice. The old exams were supposed to retire in the US on 31 Dec 06, and in the UK on 31 Mar 07.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

I think you should take this matter up with your "school", although to be honest, you should really keep your eye on these things. I know its bad luck really, but as said above, there has been loads of notice about this.

I hope you can get the exam booked and passed before the end date mate. :D

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

You have a point about the school should have reminded jreimerink about the changes to A+. However it is down to the individual to make sure they are studying the up to date material as well.

Heck I'm not taking the A+ and I knew about the changes well over a year ago.

jreimerink chalk this down to experience and learn to do some research into the certs you are taking, fingers crossed you will take the next exam in time.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Take it easy jreimerink. The OS exam is the MOST DIFFICULT part of the A+ exams, and you passed it! You got rid of the hard part. Hardware is alot more easy and you CAN pass that before June 30.

I'm sure that you *have* studied at least part of that already, so just continue in that line and book the exam for next week and get it over with.

Remember, the exam is multiple choice. Moreover, ALOT of the questions can be answered correctly using common sense. Its not that hard......you already nailed the hard part already. Don't stop now! You're half-way there.

You have the easiest exam left. Study a few more hours each day, do some practice exams, go over the objectives to make sure you covered everything, and then GO FOR IT!

I believe that you CAN make it and I know you will. Take it as a challenge. Don't come this far and turn back to the starting line to begin again. Time is going and you're half-way to the finish line. A little more hard work will make you proudly lift the trophy next week. Just do it.

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270
  10. jreimerink

jreimerink Bit Poster

thanks this really give me some hope. I downloaded some cbt nuggets today ( training video's ) its A+ 2005 but i think alot will be told in a couple of hours.

saturday i want to have all video;s done and then i begin with reading the difficult parts of my book. then wedsnday i begin with exams and friday i hope i can plan the test.

thx all and ill let you guys know the results

Bye

11. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

good luck dude!

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  12. jreimerink

jreimerink Bit Poster

not a lot of time left for me but it is going well.
    can sb tell me what is the best part to learn the most?
    i heard POST beeps are very important.
    im wondering if somebody can send me some training exams or something

thx already

Jurgen