PS3 anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Mar 23, 2007.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Ok fess up...who has bought one? Phoenix u didnt happen to pick up a 46" HD TV at the same time did u? :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Morne Louw

Morne Louw Byte Poster

prefer the xbox 360 thanks (halo 3 !!!!)

Certifications: ECDL, OCN Level 2 HTML, A+,MCDST,70-270
    WIP: MCSA/MCSE
  3. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Bet you have??

Still trying to get the hang of COD 3 on PS2!!

Kat:D

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Pfft, archaic console technology

I have never owned a playstation, and unless the status quo changes, never will
    the first console I've ever considered buying since my trusty old gameboy is a Nintendo Wii as it looks like it's actually going to be fun, and as soon as they are more generally available I will snap one up! :)

if i want pretty graphics and killer gameplay ill play around on my £3000 worth of PC thank you very much :)
    a PS3 can't touch it!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Looks Ok, but lack of new games for it, plus FAR to expensive.

Give me my Alienware Comp over Playstation anyday :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

ah this is what I like to see...people who dont like consoles hehe...im one too...wouldnt dare buy a console...if I did I would have bought Xbox or Xbox 360...but like the rest of you I prefer my PC (ok not as much as what Phoenix paid but half the amount is still better than the PS3)...

For those who love their consoles...seriously is the graphics better than your own PC?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Yes but some games aren't available on PC like COD 3.

That's why there's a huge pettition for people to sign who own a PC and think Activision should release it or give us a reason why they are not going to release any more COD's on PC's:(

Sign the Petition support COD3 for the PC

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I have just seen a trailer for COD3 on the PS3 and I must admit they are not as impressive as the XBox360.

Here's a picture of COD3 for PS3
    [​IMG]8) More Screen Shots

Then there's XBox360
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  9. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Got to admit, I love my console gaming!! But I'm feeling absolutely no urge to rush out and buy a PS3 at all. Judging by the fact the every retailer that sells the PS3 in Meadowhall this evening still had loads of stock, as do most of the online retailers, I'm not alone in my apathy....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks for posting the petition link here UCM, as you know i have already signed it 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Didn't buy a PS3, to be honest I'm not that impressed with the PS (1-3). To spend £400 plus on a system, plus about £50 odd for a game, that money would be better used to upgrade my PC, and let's face it, there aren't alot of movies on blue-ray at the moment and by the time there are then you will be able to get blue-ray players cheap.

And considering that unlike the Wii & the Xbox 360 there are still alot of PS3 on shelves, is this Sony's biggest mistake?

I'm not knocking the console industry as I am a console fan, I've had every nintendo console (apart from the 64), every sega console (apart from the saturn) and 3 different atari's console. But there has to be sense and reason when developing and selling a console box.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  12. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

i went out and got one, must say the graphics are superb although not seen it in HD yet as they didn't ship with the leads. Theres also a little setting that i liked the look of and that was install other os, found some info @ http://www.playstation.com/ps3-openplatform/manual.html 5/5 from me

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  13. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Went into Toys R Us yesterday and they had a PS3 setup on a lovely big Sony Bravia. I was more interested in the TV and was having a look at the connections round the back when a couple of the staff started on the sales pitch. I politely informed them that I had no intention of buying a PS3 but they didn't take the hint. Instead they start banging on about it being the future of gaming, it was bringing HD to the masses and Blu-ray movies look astounding etc....
    I pointed at the screen (by now showing a preview of Bond on Blu-ray) and I asked if they could really tell the difference in quality between the image on the screen and the regular DVD version. "Oh yes sir!!" was the immediate answer, "The picture is so much sharper, the colours more vibrant and all down to the
    power of Blu-ray!!"
    Remember I said I'd been looking at the back of the TV? It was connected to the PS3 by composite..... I am gutted I did not have a camera, their faces were indescribable as they realised that (a) I'd caught them out (b) they knew people knew that they were full of BS and (c) the 20 odd people crowded around the PS3 were laughing at them.

Don't try to sell me stuff I don't want when I've just finished work and I'm still knackered from trying to adjust to losing an hours sleep ;o)

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  14. andy-d

andy-d Bit Poster

[​IMG]

I think this is a better sales pitch than gaming...

WIP: A+
  15. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I've written a '3' on my PSone in crayon just to pull the birds, but I'm not really bothered.

When they stop making games for the PS2, I might consider it...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD