Prometric to Microsoft, slow or what...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Just a little moan really... When I use to take my MS exams at PearsonVue, my MS transcript would always be updated 1 or 2 days after the pass. The 70-649 is the first exam I've taken with Prometric and after 4 days my MS record still doesn't reflect the pass (the Prometric site has been updated). In today's computerised world where e-mails can reach the otherside of the world in a couple of minutes, this is just so slow...

I guess this is what happens when I'm on annual leave just relaxing :lol:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

My MS Transcript was updated within three days (I think) on both exams I have recently passed.

Still no Welcome Kit yet :(

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Why aren't you studying! :)

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. Kitkatninja

Funny man :lol:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I took an exam 4 business days ago (last Thursday) and it has already appeared on my transcript...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

If i took an Exam would Vue, can the transcript from Vue be migrated to MS's site? if so, how?

7. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Only took two days for me when I passed the MCTS (Vista) exam. Took longer after the final exam for the MCSE though, four days I think. :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. BosonMichael

If you had taken a Vue exam in the past, it should have already shown up on your MS transcript. MS didn't care whether you took your exams at Prometric or Vue... they all ended up in Microsoft's transcript system under your (single) account.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

LOL! Can someone slap me!
    I was thinking of one of my exams, and just realised it wasn't a Micro$oft one.

Silly me

10. Kitkatninja

Rang up Prometric today, after confirming all my details with them all they could say is "ah yes it show's that you've passed the exam", my reply was "yes I know but it doesn't show on my MS transcript". Their answer "ring MS, here's the number".

Rang MS, and after confirming all my details, all they could tell me was "we don't seem to have your exam record, it may have gotten lost during transmit". Which I already knew, after all, that's why I rang them... :dry

Anyway, sent them my score report today. Hopefully this will all be cleared up soon, funny how I never had any problems with Vue :x

-ken

11. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I had the same issue and after contacting MS and sending in my score sheet as an adobe pdf attachment and a week later my scores where showing as it should have been.

Well the issues we have to get on with with Pometric huh, think they took on more than they can handle to be honest:(

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  12. Kitkatninja

I hate prometric :x

When I booked my exam with them, I gave them my MCP ID. Afterwards I rang them to confirm that they had my correct MCP ID. Today I get an e-mail from MS to say that I have passed my exam UNDER A DIFFERENT MCP ID. It will take MS 5-7 days to merge these two records. So even if you give Prometric your MCP ID they ignore it :x

I have never had this much hassle when I took exams at Vue. Did I mention that I hate Prometric...

-ken

13. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I've never had any experience in taking cert exams, however on the surface it looks like Microsoft made an excellent choice putting all their eggs in one basket.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  14. BosonMichael

Cisco put all their eggs in one basket as well by going to only VUE centers. However, the general opinion seems to be that Cisco has the better "basket".

15. Kitkatninja

I agree with that :biggrin

-ken

16. Kitkatninja

Just checked my MS Transcript today and I like what I see, my exams have been ported over, the credentials have been updated. The only thing I can't do is sit another exam in the next five days because of the merger of both accounts. Like I was going to... :lol:

-Ken