Prometric reschedule of exams - limits?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Colloghi, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Good morning to everyone on this wonderful Snowy day:)

I have currently my 290 exam eventually book for wednesday this week and was looking forward to getting it out of the way before tacking the 291.

Ive already had to rescheuled the exam twice to work commitnments and with the prospect that i wont be able to make the exam due to the weather - took over 2 hours to do a 45 min journey to work this morning.......Im probably gonna have to reschedule again, and rather do this today, than take the chance and not be able to attend........

So was just wondering if there is a limit of reschedules? Ive had a quick scan and coulkdnt find the info on the prometric site

cheers if anyone knows

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  2. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

No limits, the only thing you can't do is re-schedule a test on the same day that you were meant to sit it.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

So long as you have at least 24hrs notice then theres no limit to the amount of times you postpone

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I find it can depend on the test centre.
    Some toe the company line and give you all the '24hrs' thing - others are quite relaxed about it.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I am not certain, but I seem to recall a one year limit... meaning, you have to take the exam within one year of paying for it.

As far as the number of reschedules, I'm pretty sure the others are correct - as long as you give them the standard 24-hour notice, you should be fine. That said, don't reschedule and forget... I've heard that happen far too many times. I'd hate for you to be a casualty!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

You mean like i did for the 271? Didnt turn up to first one due to car break down, rescheduled and forgot the date! found out day after......:oops:

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  7. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for the Replies on this.

I have rescheduled, which was a good thing, as travelling would hev been a no no last Weds:)

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290