Prometric in Northants

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by MLP, Jul 26, 2008.

1. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Hi Everyone.

Just wondering, does anyone in the Northants. area have any idea when Tresham will become a prometric exam centre? I'll be wanting to take my 70-290 sometime before Christmas, and I'm wondering whether I should hold out for Tresham to make the transition from Pearson Vue to Prometric.

I emailed them at the start of the year, and was told that they would be a Prometric testing centre by Easter. However, a colleague at work who is waiting to take an exam with them has told me that they haven't moved over yet; and the Prometric website confirms this. I've emailed them more recently, but not yet had a response.

I'm sure that I've seen on here that one or two members work there, so I'm hoping for a little "Inside Info".

Thanks

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

There are few people here who live around there so they should know. I am sure that Wagnerk and Modey teach at Tresham maybe you could PM them.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Hi GBL

I'll PM one of those members, thanks for the response.

Maria

4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Hi Maria,

WagnerK will be able to give you a better update than me, but I don't think they have sorted it out yet. I believe they are close, but they have been saying that for months....

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Maria,

Just to let you know (apart from the PM) are alternative testing centres that you may want to look into until Tresham gets up and running:

QA-IQ in Milton Keynes (about 30mins-45mins from Wellingborough)
    BIIT LTD AS PITMAN TRAINING CENTRE in Luton (about 1hr from Wellingborough) &
    GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE TRAINING in Coventry (about 55mins-1hr from Wellingborough)

I say Wellingborough as that's whereI'm based, I should be getting an update next week hopefully as the main guy dealing with the Prometric issue was on A/L last week (he should be back).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Hi

Thank you all for your responses.

I'm hoping that Tresham will be ready when I'm ready to sit the exam, as it's the difference between taking a few hours off work rather than a whole day. That said, Leicester isn't too far away from me, and I know Milton Keynes fairly well, so a day off to take an exam, followed by some celebratory / Commiseration-ary (sp?) shopping doesn't seem too bad.

Take Care

Maria

7. burchie

burchie Bit Poster

just so you know the milton keynes centre ardly has any test times maybe 1 or 2 days a month.
    the place in luton is bout 5 mins from the train station and bout 45 mins on train if that from wellingborough.
    i just finished studying my mcdst at tresham and paid for exams that they cant provide, got to do something bout getting my money back or sorting exams once they up and running but somehow i dont think they will be up and running this year.

Certifications: a+ n+
    WIP: mcdst, mcse
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Mate, I won't run to defend why the testing centre is not up and running at the moment, but the guy who is now sorting it out is a good guy. Keep your fingers crossed, I know that mine are :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. burchie

burchie Bit Poster

my fingers are crossed if its dean i hope he gets it sorted out soon

Certifications: a+ n+
    WIP: mcdst, mcse
  10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Well he's left mate, so hopefully it will happen soon. :) PM your email and I'll get in touch as soon as I hear something.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
  11. CSL

CSL New Member

I too am waiting for Tresham to pull their finger out and announce that they are finally setup to take Prometric exams. I have been waiting since July for a date.

Their I.T. Director has been replaced. My reading of this is that he has gone because of the farce revolving around preparing to provide Prometric exams. I might be wrong, however nothing from Tresham has led me to come to any other conclusion, as the correspondence I have had with the now departed director were obviously not read properly or dealt with in an acceptable manner. Lets hope the new broom sweeps a little cleaner.

WIP: MCDST
  12. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

You are wrong about the IT Director, it had nothing to do with their testing centre. Far more mundane than what you seem to be cooking up in your imagination, sorry. :)

13. Tresham College Jon

Tresham College Jon New Member

OK hands up this has been a mess.:oops:

I've got the job of sorting it out and as of today (Thurs 9th) -

The software is running on the machines

We have a centre number and an access code which won't be activated until prometric get the new contract

We have an existing prometric contract at another site but IT courses aren't on the list that we can test. If anyone wants to do domestic heating and plumbing or working at heights I'm your man. So - we either need to integrate the two contracts or create a new one. This is being looked at today.

Then we just need IT services to start it up and do a demo test and if it works - shazam - we're going.

In truth there are a few room issues like screens and such but they're minor. I would love to say this will be running in two weeks but I'd better say more like 4 to allow for the man traps (sorry person traps) that are bound to open up if I make promises on a public website.

I apologise for the frustration this has caused but I have a mission to turn Tresham into a shining light of excellence for pro-level IT training for everyone between London and Birmingham. This is step one but you know what they say - the journey can be just as interesting as the destination.

PS sorry if the shining light thing sounds corny but that's how I feel about it.:sunny