Prometric etc. - Candidate ID

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by UKDarkstar, Jun 20, 2008.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Quick q guys ('n' gals).

What id do you need when you go to a testing centre to sit an exam ?

Could be an issue for me as I don't have any photo id (... waits for all the ugly mug comments ....).

Passport expired years ago and never renewed (joys of running your own company for years and never getting a holiday) and my dl is an old pink one (not moved in 20 yrs).

Haven't got anything else (no gym membership etc.).

What's needed ?

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Not sure with prometric but with pearsonvue you need two forms of ID, one must have a photo (like a driving license) and other can be some sort of bill. I would think its the same as the test centres I know of are prometric and pearsonvue centres so they operate almost the same way.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

taken from the prometric website. it seems to suggest each test center may be different:

What type of identification must I bring to the test center?

ID requirements vary for many exams; unfortunately we cannot list each on this page. It is the examinee's responsibility to review the ID requirements for the exam you are taking before making your appointment. Please refer to your exam sponsor registration information for their specific ID requirements.

In general, most exams require the following:

For IT exams, you must have two valid forms of ID, one with a photo and both with signature.

For Academic or Professional Licensure & Certification exams, you must have one valid government-issued ID bearing photo & signature. If the ID does not have either the photo or signature, a secondary ID must be presented that does.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Hmmn, any suggestions as to how to get round the photo requirement without it taking weeks to sort ?

First exam I was going to sit was ITIL v3 Foundation and ideally wanted to do it in about 2-3 weeks time.

5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Only one way to find out, ring them and ask!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Lol

Just phoned local centre who said it has been done in the past - Prometric can instruct the centre on what to accept but I need to speak to Prometric first.

It'll keep until Monday for now.

Thanks guys