Product Testers Wanted for Boson ExSim Max and NetSim Products: 2010 Edition

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by BosonMichael, Aug 24, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I am pleased to announce another round of product testing for Boson's products. It's been about 20 months since I last asked for product testers, and we've had a LOT of products that have been released since then.

We are looking for product testers for the following ExSim Max products:

CompTIA:
    • 220-701: A+ Essentials
    • 220-702: A+ Practical Application
    • SY0-201: Security+
    Microsoft:
    • 70-431: MCTS for SQL Server 2005 Implementation and Maintenance
    • 70-443: MCITP for SQL Server 2005 Infrastructure Design
    • 70-444: MCITP for SQL Server 2005 Optimization and Maintenance
    • 70-620: MCITP for Configuring Microsoft Windows Vista Client
    • 70-622: MCITP for Supporting and Troubleshooting Applications on a Windows Vista Client for Enterprise Support Technicians
    • 70-640: MCTS for Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
    • 70-642: MCTS for Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
    • 70-643: MCTS for Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    • 70-646: MCITP for Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
    • 70-647: MCITP for Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator
    • 70-680: MCTS for Windows 7, Configuring
    Cisco:
    • 640-822: CCENT/ICND1
    • 640-816: ICND2
    • 640-802: CCNA
    • 640-460: CCNA Voice
    • 640-553: CCNA Security
    • 640-721: CCNA Wireless
    • 640-863: CCDA
    • 642-873: CCDP
    • 642-902: CCNP ROUTE
    • 642-813: CCNP SWITCH
    • 642-832: CCNP TSHOOT
    • 350-001v4: CCIE Written
    In addition, we are looking for a small number of people to review our NetSim 8 for CCNP product. Be advised that NetSim 8 will require a sizeable time investment for you to review it properly, as the labs are quite numerous.

Although the product will be provided to you at no charge, there is a price: you must provide a detailed review of the entire product within 90 days. Therefore, before you agree to become a Product Tester, please ensure that you can devote enough time to performing a thorough review.

Things we are looking for include, but are not limited to:
    • technical errors
    • grammatical errors
    • spelling errors
    • graphical errors
    • consistency errors
    • grading errors
    • broken hyperlinks
    • problems with clarity or understandability
    • problems regarding relevance to the live exam
    • engine bugs
    • user interface suggestions
    A few caveats:
    • Forum membership and participation hath its privileges. Current, active forum members will receive preference over those who are just "looking for a freebie".
    • You must return a completed and signed Product Tester Agreement. If you have already submitted one in the past, you do not need to submit another.
    • You must agree to abide by the terms of the Boson Single-User License Agreement (SULA).
    • I do not hold ultimate authority over who is selected to be a product tester.
    • Not everyone who applies will be selected to be a product tester.
    • Even if you are not selected as a product tester at this time, you may be selected in the future.
    • An excellent product review will greatly increase your chances to be a product tester in the future.
    • If you have been given one of our products to review in the past, but you did not submit a review, you will have to complete it before you will be allowed to review another product.
    If you are interested in testing Boson's products, please let me know by clicking my username above and sending me a PM or an e-mail message. Please include the following information:
    • your full name
    • your country of residence
    • the e-mail address that you want to use for contact info
    • which product or products you are interested in testing (ranked by interest)
    • a brief description of why you would be a good tester
    Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Not sure if I will be applicable but I do intend at some point next year to study for 70-680 so not sure if I should be considered to review the exam. If you think I apply then I will be happy to review it.

If not I would be happy to review the security + exam.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Haven't got anything for the 70-291 up your sleeve Mike? :twisted:

I would have liked to do the 70-64x ones for you but I'm way behind with my life already. :oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Mecha

Mecha Bit Poster

I was going to start studying for the Security+ exam form next month, but I thought it would be better waiting until next year.

But I'll put my name for the Security+ documentation. No biggie if I am not chosen, but this will be my stimulus to start studying!

Certifications: BSc Networking, A+ (601)
    WIP: MSc InfoSec, S+, CISMP, IA ISO27001
  5. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Which would be best: evaluating the materials for which you are already certified, or material which you are currently studying?

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  6. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

I just came across this whilst actually looking for review on the new Security+ Material from Boson. Could be fate :)

Have dropped you a PM bosonmichael. Fingers crossed! :biggrin

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  7. BosonMichael

Not for lack of me wanting us to do it. I've put that out there for the past three years. :(

Send me a PM or e-mail!

Optimally, one of the following will be true:

1) You are currently studying for an exam you are about to take.
    2) You have recently studied for and taken the current version of the exam.
    3) You are an expert with the subject matter.

As long as you can pick apart the product - showing us where our flaws are - that is what we are looking for.

In addition, I would like to make one other requirement of testing: we would like you to give an honest review of our product on this (and any other) forum. We are confident that the reviews you guys provide will be positive ones - but please, be honest in your review. We can't improve if you're not. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. BosonMichael

I've received a bunch of PMs. If my box fills up, please send an e-mail. Be patient - I will be working through these requests over the next couple of weeks. :)

9. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Are invites likely to be sent out at the end in bulk once you're done going through them? The reason I ask is I was planning on sitting the exam over the next couple weeks and have been looking at the different test engines. I usually use Transcender as my employer paid for the test engines for A+ and N+ so know what I'm getting whereas I've never used a Boson product before.

I kind of want to get stuck in at the beginning of next week as we have 2 bank holidays coming up here (Council gets the Tuesday in the UK too :)) and am considering purchasing a product for tests so I get a bearing of where I am in the studying process.

Don't really want to go out and spend over $100 for a product and then get an invite for the Boson a week or so later :eek:

10. BosonMichael

I'll probably send them out as soon as I can carve out a little time to do so... hopefully today or Friday. Then the ball is in your court to get the signed agreement back to me as quickly as possible. :)

11. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Works for me. How do you usually do it? Is it a document I can print, sign, and fax or email it back to you? Reason I ask is I'm in the UK so a delivery could take a hile. Sorry if its a stupid question but never really been involved ith this type of thing before.

Hopefully I'll hear from you today or tomorrow with some good news :)

12. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Applied via a Private Message :)

Cheers

13. BosonMichael

Most UK folks scan and e-mail. :)

14. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Excellent. Will use the weekend to go through a few of the Chapters from my Syngress book and will crack on with their accompanying DVD for now.

If or when I hear from you I'll get onto it, sit the test, and write up the review hopefully in a good mood (cus I'll have passed! lol).

15. BosonMichael

Make sure to pick it apart... anything you think isn't correct in our product, research it and let us know if we've said something that is technically incorrect. :)

16. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

I get that, I'm not going to give it a good review just because you're such a nice guy :)

I'll be honest whether things are good or bad, will try to keep it all constructive either way! Now stop with the replies and get cracking on getting the NDA's out!! :biggrin I'm excited!!!

17. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Got my NDA last night; signed and returned it this afternoon.

Will wait to hear from your Team now with the code and then I'm going to get stuck in (have just finished the Syngress book). Think I'm going to book my exam for the 7th. That'll give me just over a week if it comes through over the next 48 hours.

Will post my thoughts as soon as.

Thanks again for the opportunity :)

18. Jaron78

Hi Mike,

Have you found all the testers you require?
    I applied for the A+ 701 & 702 but not heard anything back so assume I was not successful?

Many Thanks,

Ron

19. BosonMichael

Check your spam folder. :)

20. Jaron78

Ahh Touche :)

I have amended my filters so would it be possible to send again?
    Sorry, Im a fool. Had set Junk to delete after two days. Have added you to safe senders now :)

Cheers