Printer query

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrNice, Nov 3, 2004.

1. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

I recently installed WinXP pro on my brothers PC, I reinstalled all his peripherals and associated drivers etc although XP had most of them anyway.
    I was in a bit of a rush and after testing the printer by printing a test page I had to leave, he is telling me that now when he prints a 3 page document it prints in reverse order ie; the last page is printed first? I have been trying to get him to download the latest driver from the HP site but he doesnt have a clue. He assures me has looked through the properties etc and cant see anything about print order etc, anyone had similar or ideas? It's an HP deskjet 990 cxi
    He lives 45miles away so I am trying to send him an email with instructions.

2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

err, is it really that big a deal? it just measn when the print outs done the first page is on the top not the bottom
    so no re organising is done

its likely just a setting in the printer options, new drivers are unlikely to fix that as they dont often overwrite settings

it will be something like print pages in reverse order
    3 2 1

not 1 2 3

dont have a printer, so cant tell you the exact place

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

my sentiments exactly, I will need to have a look tomorow,cheers :D

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I'm fairly sure this is to do with XP, rather than the printer's own drivers. My Canon used to print page 1, 2, 3..etc. but when I installed it on XP (found it itself, by coincidence), it now prints in reverse, as you describe.

I've never bothered to see if it can be changed, as like Phoenix says, it aint a biggie, and if you think about it, is actually more logical anyway.

2€ for the pot :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity