Preventing Cheating on Certification Exams

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Preventing Cheating on Certification Exams

Unfortunately, it’s a given fact that some aspiring IT professionals will resort to underhanded, unlawful means to receive certification credentials — especially in today’s cutthroat job market. As a result, legitimate certification holders and employers are substantially disadvantaged.

However, a leading software company has adopted a proactive stance to curb cheating on certification exams.

“As stakeholders in a large program, we have a big interest in [preventing cheating] in order to protect our credentials,” said Paul Sorensen, director of global certification programs at Oracle.

Though most cases of cheating are intentional, there are some candidates awaiting certification who cheat inadvertently.

“Some people don’t understand they’re cheating sometimes, and I don’t think some people understand they’re facilitating cheating,” Sorensen said. “A good example of this is when people [innocently ask], ‘Hey, what’s on the test? You took it.’”

Read the rest of the article here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      You beat me to it. I was about to post that article. :wink:
    2. Johnd76
      Johnd76
      I think its a very good idea but some people are nervous enough with usual exams nevermind having to talk too, but im sure it will seperate the men from the boys and stop underhanded means