preplogic hardware exam sims

Discussion in 'A+' started by Garrymol, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Garrymol

Garrymol New Member

Hi Peeps,

i have been using preplogics practise exams(latest ver) and i have been getting around 700 to 800 points does anyone know how reralistic they are compared to the proper exam???

ps Hardware exams only,

thanks,garry

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Never used them before, so can't really comment. I seem to remember someone saying here that they found them a lot easier than the actual exam though, although I could be mistaken.

8)

3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

I've got the preplogic exams myself and find them to be easier than Transcender Corecert.How many times have you tested yourself with your prep-exams?The pitfall with overtesting is that you will simply memorise the correct answers to the same sets of questions over and over.That in itself is ok,but you will condition yourself to answer a small set of questions (if you get my drift!).

The scores you are getting are good,however I'd advise (strongly advise) trying an unfamiliar test engine with lot's of unfamiliar questions,that will give you a far better perpsective of your progress.

When do you plan taking your exam by the way?

Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I agree with Mal.. the preologic pratice exams are easier than the real exams.. and if you keep doing them you do find yourself memorising the questions and answers which might not come up in the exam so you will be stuck... As for the score they do seem good but as said if the practice exams are easier then the scores your getting dont really show you the correct picture.

Everyone recommends Transcender as being the best test software but i think they are slightly harder than the real exam. saying that if you get good scores with them then you should pass the exam with good scores...

I would suggest finding as many practice exams from different companies as possible and use the average as a guide for scores.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. Garrymol

Garrymol New Member

OK guys point taken re: practise tests will look around for some more.

i hope to take core hardware within 2 weeks.

6. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

good luck with the exam fella.

I take my core exam in 4 weeks time. 8)

Certifications: A+ Network+