PREPLOGIC ....Be careful!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Mr_Skids, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Mr_Skids

Mr_Skids New Member

Bought a few mega-guides last year from this company for various certifications for the $1 deal that they do now and again, only to find out to my horror they have put me onto a $2967 training scheme that i never wanted/agreed to. God knows how they have got me tied into this, i'm in the process of taking action against them for numerous attempts at taking money out of my bank for this. If anyone does buy anything off them, please, please be sure what you are getting yourself into first. After googling "Preplogic scam", it seems that they are notorious for getting people tied into "contracts" that they have neither paid for/wanted. I don't know how this company are still operating personally after what i have looked up on them, it's quite a scandal how their salespeople operate with persistent emails/phone calls trying to sell stuff, even when you have told them you are not the slightest bit interested.

Be careful once again people before handing over bank details with this outfit, you may well find yourself in my position if you're not careful.

Just a word of advice for you all anyway.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have bought from preplogic many times and never had an issue at all and I have never heard of anyone having issues either.

Are you sure you didn't click on something on their page like an advert that took your details?

The only thing I got pissed off with them was the fact that it took ages to unsubscribe from their emails but thats the same with transcender too.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I did the same deal and apart from occasional calls, nothing.

OP, you signed up to something and now you're backing out.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

You mean you didn't pay with Paypal?? where possible with Internet traders I ALWAYS pay with Paypal.

Lesson learnt.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I have bought their mega guides in the past and paid with my credit card and have not experienced anything of what you're describing.

I do however, get alot of e-mails from them though about their products and that's it.

I would give them a ring to iron out any miss understandings. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Me too!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

They are spamtastic, but never had any issues with them. There must be more than meets the eye with this case I'm thinking ....

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Same here.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Mr_Skids

Mr_Skids New Member

100% positive i didn't click on anything. I'm always cautious when buying online. I queried it with my bank, and there was a charge of 1.50 on the day when the apparent transaction took place that is an absolute mystery to me. Asking Preplogic about this is like talking to a brick wall. Totally unhelpful sales reps who have said that i'm probably suffering from "buyers remorse" in their very own words. I asked for all the details of the transaction and all they could say was that it came from my IP address. On asking for further information, like my login details, as i couldn't even get access to my account after resetting the password, i had no reply apart from their automated reminders about payment.

Shocking state of affairs.

10. greenbrucelee

Is it possible someone has spoofed your IP and stolen your bank details? have you done a check on your bank statements to see if any purchases have been made that were not by you?

11. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Come on GBL, do you seriously believe someone is going to spoof his IP, steal his bank details and then purchase a training course for 3grand at the very same company he has used previously to purchase guides from?

Either ask for a copy of the contract, or tell you're bank about it. It really is that simple. Just immediately tell the bank that you suspect someone is making purchases on your card for large amount, then you have at least forewarned them. Request a copy of the contract or agreement or invoice.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  12. greenbrucelee

You never know there are some complete retards out there :D