Preparing For The OS

Discussion in 'A+' started by Professor-Falken, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

Let me ask you this question I am studying the OS questions and answers with explanations from Self Test. As I read the correct answers and read the explanations I understand why the answer is right. If I can understand why the answer is right then is it ok to prepare for the test in this way.

Also I partially know the reason the answer is correct because I understood the concept from the Mike Meyers book even thought the question wasnt explained in the exam.

What do you think ?

Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

In some repsects yes, but can you answer the question if you do not have any answers in front of you?

Part of taking an exam is knowing the information, and when posed with a question you can provide the correct answer. This may be in the form of giving a straight answer, or by the process of elimination through multiple choice. If you can not give the answer with out any possible solutions in front of you then you do not know the information.

Your study method only provides you with certain answers for certain questions, and not a comprehensive knowledge of a subject area that you can be tested on.

I would advise against preparing for an exam this way and make sure you know the topic inside and out prior to taking any exam.

Just my 2 pence!

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  3. Professor-Falken

Thanks for the advice. I will think about your answer and give it some thought. I still dont know what to do. I will probably read over the Mike Meyers book again.

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Don't let the OS test psych you out, Professor. Most A+ candidates worry about it more than the Core test. Believe me...if I can pass it, so can you.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

u might want to have a look at transcenders to better prepare u, u can test your knowledge on each topic there, most questions r hard and r really challenging, i used them in my A+ preparation for both Hardware and Software. if u r hitting 80% and above without looking at the answers or explanation then its good...also try not to memorize the answer to questions, have a look at the concepts

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  6. Professor-Falken

Keep it coming ! I can use all the encouragement I can get it.
    I plan on taking the test this month. So please any information you can give me would be a great help. Links, websites, etc.

Will probably tear open some computer too. Have a Pentium 2 and 3 here at my disposal.

Ok guys thanks again really!

Professor Falken