Preparing for 70-298, any tips?

Discussion in 'Security Exams' started by Spidey76, May 9, 2011.

1. Spidey76

Spidey76 Bit Poster

Hi,

I started preparing for 70-298 using the MS Press Training Kit. I have already passed 70-290,291,293,294,299 so wondering how much studying I need. Should I just skim through the book and get straight on to the Test Preps? I've got Examforce Cram (yes, got pressed into buying it years ago, :rolleyes: I'm an honorary lifetime member for MS prep kits so gonna use it) and Transcenders. I hate long winded ambiguous questions and this exam seems to have it all. I would appreciate if anyone could pass me some tips & tricks in preparing for and passing this exam.

Thanks!

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. Spidey76

Spidey76 Bit Poster

Well finished reading the MS press training kit for 70-298. Although the subject interests me it was such a bore to read the entire book. Most of it is what you already know if you have done the 70-299 and the rest is just common sense if you already work in IT. Now on to some exam prep material.

3. Spidey76

Spidey76 Bit Poster

OK, my first real complaint about Transcender Practic Test. I was going through it lastnight and one of the case study (VisionWorx) had barely any information on it! Just the Background part and nothing else. I had to answer all the question with pure guess work. :x

4. Spidey76

Spidey76 Bit Poster

I passed 70-298 today with a score of 833 :D

I don't know if I was unlucky but my jaw dropped when I saw that I had 9 testlets and 55 questions to answer. The time allocation was 170 minutes. The questions ranged from 4-12 per testlet. It was like climbing a mountain, at the start easy then gets quite heavy going and then the descend towards the end.

Its not that the questions were hard but you get really strapped for time if you spend too long on reading the cases. I took the advice of going straight for the questions after only spending a minute or two reading the case to get an overall idea. Then look for the answers in the relevant portions of the case. Anyway, glad another one is scratched off my list.

Now I only have a client exam to take to complete my MCSE. Then later on in the year I will be tackling the upgrade to Windows 2008 MCITP:EA. I will also have to squeeze in the Comptia Security+ exam along the way.