Preparation for the exam 70-271 (missed anything?)

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by lynamcool, Oct 13, 2009.

1. lynamcool

lynamcool Bit Poster

just want to check im not missing any preparation steps out....

i have

studied ms press 271 book twice and created notes

watched (and still watching) the cbt nuggets for the 271 exam

trying some of the practice sections from the ms press book

and also using the practice exam from the cd and transcender

if there is one thing i would like to practice is troubleshooting tcp/ip and network problems, is there a virtual lab i can use for this?

what preparation steps do you take and if i have missed anything out i should be doing could i be alerted lol :biggrin

thanks everyone

WIP: MCDST
  2. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Sounds like your doing all the write things i only used ms press book and trancenders for 70-271
    for the lab i configured a Dual Boot XP pro along with my windows 7 machine

also transcender is a very good mock exam and so is objective review mode in the review suite and in the back of the book and ignore certification mode its nothing like the real exam and full of errors

i did it like this 2 hours study a day exept friday and sunday i studied through out the week and took demo tests on saturday and see if i hade improved week by week and when i got around 80% on demo tests and all my objectives were strong i booked the test and passed :)

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  3. AndreK

AndreK Bit Poster

Just bite the bullet and take the exam, there is only so much preparation you can do, as long as you know your stuff and are getting good marks in the practice tests (assuming your doing unique presets) then you should be fine. Good luck.

4. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I agree with AndreK, the only way you really know if your ready is by taking the test and see how it goes

good luck when it comes :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  5. lynamcool

lynamcool Bit Poster

i have a question about the exam, like the certification mode from the cd are there any questions where you have to select options from one box and move them to the other in the correct order? i fear them because you only have to select 1 thing wrong to get it all wrong :(

WIP: MCDST
  6. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

i didnt come across any of them i dont think they come up at all but dont take my word for it

certification mode is full of errors and spelling mistakes and has acually marked answers wrong when they are wright when i have reviewed them typical microsoft releasing something that dont work lol use trancender or other reputable software for demo tests

You should bite the bullet you can always sit the test again :)

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  7. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I didnt come accross any in my exam, but im sure they are there.......somewhere

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing