Practise labs

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by ciscosam, Sep 10, 2004.

1. ciscosam

ciscosam Bit Poster

Anyone have any sites that offer practise labs?? I have the routers, just want some CCNA specific labs to follow as I can't remember all of them... I know there are quite a few protocols you need to be able to configure... but it's mostly the switching ones like frame relay that I've forgotten!

WIP: CCNA
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Sam, are you self-studying for the exam? If so, do you have any of the NetAcad Companion Guides that go along with the program. In theory, you could build your own home lab using the equipment outlined in the standard labs presented in the guides. The equipment used is older and can be picked up for a (more or less) reasonable price on eBay. I'm unclear as to your circumstances and I may have completely misunderstood what you're asking. If so, please accept my apologies.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. ciscosam

ciscosam Bit Poster

Yes I am, I have all the theory text I need, what I meant was I need to practise router/switch configuration, but some of the ones on the syllabus I don't know how to do - I need a book of some kind with step by step instructions on how to do the configs. I have my own lab set up, I just need to learn how to set up the different protocols like RIP and PP etc. for the exam... I can do all the basics like assigning IPs, access lists, telnet etc. but I need a website or something that explains exactly what I need to know and how to do it!

No worries, thanks :)

WIP: CCNA