Practices like (Boson, Transcender) Vs. Actual

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by sendalot, Dec 2, 2012.

1. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

Are practices like (Boson, Transcender) easier, just as hard or harder than the actual exam?

I thought I knew most but Boson is killing my confidence.

I wonder if anyone failed the practice exams but still passed the actual one.

Thanks.

Certifications: Many
  2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

The practices are harder, but they are still valid exam questions. So in theory, something along the same lines can come up.

What is it you are struggling with?

3. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

I failed the last attempt like around 50 below the pass score. (I felt miserable because wasn't sure what I got wrong, thankful to forum teachers, I mastered subnetting calculations).

I was told each questions are worth differently. Scored around 80% in Transcender.
    And also on practice, I don't guess, if I don't know 100% I skip the question.

But now I memorized everything the guides recommended.

Going to re-attempt soon, decided to try Boson and I get much less than the score report from Pearson-VUE.

I hope I pass.

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

If you are scoring 30% to me says you haven't prepped at all, go read a decent book and watch some CBT's.

Then when you honestly think you have spent a really decent enough time prepping and not skipped anything use the simulator.

If you are using a test simulator, normally they have a mode where they will tell you what questions you got wrong and why. Use this mode and guess on the questions you don't know, and then you will find out if you do or don't know the subject.

Note the areas you are weak and go and study some more until you can confidently get 80%+.

At this point you may still not be ready if you have cheated on the process, as you will just have learnt the test simulator answers.

Its like preparing for any exam, like at school when you do a mock exam, no good cheating on the mock, soon as you get a real exam you will fail.

5. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

Ah I see, does each question count for low points?

When I average the % break-down on the score report, it is considerably higher than 30%.

But then, thank you for the lesson. Time for me to face the facts and stop denying I haven't prepared enough.

6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

The pass score for most cert exams is 70-80%, you said 50 below the pass score. You are right in that some exams are scored out of 1000 or 150, I assumed you meant 50%. If its 50 points dropped on a 1000 point exam you may well be ready, as that is only 5% off, if you get lucky with the questions you could pass.