Practice Tests

Discussion in 'A+' started by steveh2001, Jun 5, 2006.

1. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Hey guys

As im nearing the end of the A+ book and almost ready to book the exam i was just wondering what practice tests are the best?

When i say best i mean most realistic in difficulty to the actual questions? I find i score quite well on Mike Meyers questions! Ive heard of transcender, but i think you have to pay for that?

Ive also got the CD in the mike meyers book with the total seminar software.

I know there are quite a few websites out there, but again, not sure on the likeness of these to the real exams?

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I personaly think the CD with the MM books is good. It is close in appearance to the real thing. The only thing I found was that the 'real thing' had a bias to more modern questions compared to the book.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Just to add ive also got the practice software +questions that come with the GetCertified for less vouchers

4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

The practice tests from PrepLogic were always good for me. Very good quality and seemed to be more in touch with the real world in regards to the exam result.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Thanks guys! Ill give those 2 a go.

Also - comptia says the exam pass marks are 505 and 515 out of 900 i belive - so this is only 56-57%?

Just i read a few people posting how their test marks were 90% and not quite sure which one im aiming for! 56/57 seems quite low :blink But gives me more confidence!

6. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Make 90% your own personal target for the exams and you'll do well.

It's often bantered on other forums that the passmark for CompTIA makes for an easy ride..DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!!..you will have questions that demand more than one answer and all those responses appear correct!On my OS exam I had a few questions that asked for 3 correct answers to be chosen,from 5 possible responses,so know your subject matter inside out.

Your practice exams are important and you'll need to use them wisely.As I've said in other threads you can 'overdo' these practice exams and end up simply learning the questions,so if the software has a RANDOM option for the questions then use it.

I used Transcender and Preplogic for my A+ aswell as the cd that came with the All in ONE book.The questions on the Meyers CD are the closest all round to the real thing,but are a little dated.My advise on this score is to download the objectives from CompTIA and go through them,ALL OF THEM.

The best advice I can give is to be confident that you are indeed ready to take the exams and aim for the top.

Good luck and keep us posted.. 8)

Certifications: A+ Network+
  7. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix