Powershell script?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Ive used powershell a little and in noway am I an expert. Im wondering is it possible to instead of writing every compand in to achieve a task, to just paste the whole thing in at once or will this cause issues? If its fine then is there dedicated built in windows software that will allow me to create verious different scripts and just import the script instead of copy/paste or would it just be a matter of using something like notepad? If it is just notepad can I import the notepad document into powershell? A point in the right direction would be appreciated.

2. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

If you right click > Open a PowerShell script (.ps1 file) then by default it will open in Notepad. You should use PowerShell ISE to edit your scripts, if you right click > Edit a PowerShell script it should open in PowerShell ISE (ISE should be installed by default in the majority of cases, particularly newer Operating Systems). ISE is a script editor tool for PowerShell and makes it is so much easier to manage and amend scripts, you can even run/execute scripts from PowerShell ISE. You shouldn't need to copy and paste scripts each time, you should save them down as .ps1 files and then right click > Run with PowerShell if you want to run them directly without using ISE.