Power automate

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, Mar 18, 2021.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

So, some of you may have read my post a month or so ago about about how I can automate the boring tasks I have to do, well, I was looking around and came across power automate and I have nearly finished my first automated task. What I have basically done is created a flow that will open a browser, log me into a website and download 2 excel sheets and then log out of the website, the last part is crucial as if you are still logged in, the flow fails.

I wont say its been plain sailing but possibly something worth people looking into. The next thing I want to do with this process is to be able to schedule it to run daily and then email those files to a teams channel with the date but also send me a notification via email if it was successful or not.

After this there are lots of other similar things I am looking to do, thankfully we have been quiet(ish) and I have had the time to look into it.

Give it a go and see what you think

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    JK2447 likes this.
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Nice one Ed. I've just taken a look at it, I didn't realise it was a Microsoft product. That looks really good, I'll have a play with it tonight

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I played with MS Flow when it first came out, couldn't really do what I need and seemed basic.. guessing its improved a lot as this is going back years.

4. zxspectrum

Yeah, it seems that way

My auto login and download some specific files program is handy. I havent had the time to get it to run automatically and date the files, but that shouldnt be too much of an issue

Ed

5. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

6. zxspectrum

Thats impressive @Pseudonym

May look to that logic and see what I can do. My power automate one has fallen over where the UN is typed.

Zx

7. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Thanks mate. Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything.

8. zxspectrum

I have a question but I am not sure if my thinking is correct.
    I mention above that the power automate I created was working, have the video to prove it, but now it doesn't. The only change I have made is upgrading the ram on my pc, from a 4 gb to an 8 gb, giving me a total of 16gb overall. Seeing as the program failed after Firefox launched, in the windows where the username would be entered, would this mean that its lost its place so to speak as in it knew where to type the text automatically but because I have changed the ram, the position of the pointer click or input was wiped or changed?

I hope that makes sense, I think it does but knowing me I may be barking up the wrong tree?
    Zx

9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs