postpone the Search box?

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by mallet, Oct 6, 2008.

1. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

I have been trying to get the search function with my CMS for sometime and havent successfully got it to pick up anything.
    my concern is, user will upload loads of files. and it just seems like a inconvenience that users will have to use the navigation to look for the files. I have looked into the search script that you can install on the site, but its plagued with having ads on the results page.
    I am not sure if I should leave the search function later and just build a better navigation :eek:

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I will take a stab at this since no one has replyed yet, Have you tryed google custom search? they have one that use an ajax modal popup to display the results(no ads)

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

thanks ThomasMc.
    I did look up the google custom search a while ago. but scraped it as I didnt want to pay for the annual fee which I know I will have quite a few pages.
    However, I did get the search function to work on my cms. its to do with the fact that I kept the search index short :)

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP