POST A+ ESSENTIALS

Discussion in 'A+' started by spy22, Oct 21, 2007.

1. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

Is it silly to even suggest that it is possible to find work (however basic or not that well paid) just off the A+ essentials qualification or should i at least wait till i am full A+ qualified/mcp trained and above? I essentials recognised by prospective students trying to enter the industry?

thanx

Certifications: Its who you know not what you know!!!
    WIP: CCNA?
  2. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

Hi all,

Is it silly to suggest that it is possible to find work merely off A+ essentials or should i wait until i am fully A+/MCP level before i start looking? Do employers see essentials as a good base to get into the industry?

cheers

3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

You *could* find an entry level job without any certifications. They simply make you more attractive to an employer. I got my IT job 18 months ago without any certifications, so im sure you can do the same. Just start applying and give it your best, you won't be losing anything in doing so. You'll be gaining interview experience in the IT sector, which is a good benefit to have.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I *suppose* you could in fact, if you have passed your "essentials" exam, you should actually be applying for tech support jobs. Keep in mind, though that you won't be A+ certified until you pass both the essentials exam and one of the elective exams. You "value" will increase as you demonstrate greater skill sets so passing both exams and becoming certified is more valuable than just passing essentials.

EDIT: spy22, since you posted basically the same thread twice and each thread had one response each, I've decided to merge both threads into one...especially since they have the same title. It should avoid confusion and collect all of the relevant responses in one place.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Start applying for jobs NOW. The A+ will only increase your chances.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Spy22

I just want to make sure you know that getting the A+ essentials is only half of the A+ cert you need to pass one the other exams to become A+ certified.

And yes start looking for a job ASAP you do not need to wait to become certified.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Don't forget to mention what your current line of study is on job apllication forms & your CV.

Even just mentioning a qualification your are trying to gain creates an association in the mind of anyone reading it!

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  8. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

thanx people,

i have made the mistake then of thinking no one will want someone who is unqualified!

greenbrucelee, thanx yeah i know its 2 parts, was jus querying the essentials as i am due to take that soon. cheers

better stat looking then haha