Possible to pass MCDST with 26 days of study?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by piccadilly, Nov 4, 2008.

1. piccadilly

piccadilly Byte Poster

Hi all,

Is it possible to pass MCDST 20-271 with 26 days of study left?

Over the last 3 months I've briefly studied half the course online using a learning application. However it has been more off than on lately.

I've the exam on the 1st December, been putting it back for a while due to other commitments at work. Christmas is around the corner and I'm away for 3 weeks from 15th December, which could put me back.

In two minds to either study hard for 26 days and see if I can get the pass, or, hold it off to February.

What do you think?

Regards,
    Picc.

2. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Guess you have to decide if you are fully prepared and not having a false feeling of been prepared. 3 months of studies seems like ok enough but like i said; ask yourself if you have done enough studies to get you a pass on this.. Best wishes and good luck

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If you can put the study in and practice and also have any experience then yes, but if you are only just starting out you may want to reschedule. Only you can answer if your fully prepared though.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I did both exams for MCDST in 1 day after revising for 1 1/2 weeks

So it is possible, but I am lucky enough to have years of experience in IT support, so that helped.

I think realistically you need to decide how important this is to you and look at things in your schedule that arent as important (such as TV or going out drinking etc), you can always find time this way.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's possible, but that's largely up to you.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!