Possible Interview, Please Help.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Special Brew, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Special Brew

Special Brew Nibble Poster

Hi,

I've been applying for lots of jobs within It, but the most recent ones have been ICT Technician at a School.
    I had to send a letter askign for a CV ect..
    Anyways, I get the application form and job description, I can honestly tick off everything except, they're asking that the school website is maintained?

I literally know nothing about web bukding/maintaining. So what do i do?
    The application is already been sent etc, but i mean if i get an interview, what do i do? because i dont want to lie my way into a job, i know nothing about web maintaining?

The end date was monday, and i filled in application sunday... So at 9 at night i had to jump their fence to post it ( fell in a bush )

Anyways, Any advice would be greatful,

Special Brew!

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Depends what the website is like mate. Might just be some basic HTML or editing the site through a CMS.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Special Brew

I hope so because all of the UK school websites look pretty basic to be honest.
    I just don't want to lead them to believe I can do it when I can't?

4. Sparky

Don't stress about it - it will probably just be the odd change to update the text on a page. If it was anything more than that then a website company would be maintaining the site.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. Special Brew

Cheers Sparky,

I feel Much better =]

I believed it would only be basic anyways.

Take Care.

6. Sparky

No probs mate, best of luck! :biggrin

7. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I agree with Sparky. Sounds like you wouldn't need more than some basic HTML skills to update content. I wouldn't be surprised if they were using a CMS or WYSIWYG editor so you might not even need that. As long as you're not working directly on the live version any mistakes you make will be for your eyes only.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  8. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I worked at a school, and maintained a basic intranet page - i only have limited knowledge of HTML, but this again - as mentioned was through a CMS, it was all easily changed - only once i had to edit the html page, and that was to put in a new CSS link

have a quick read up on CMS and HTML - they're fairly easy to get the basics

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  9. Special Brew

Hi,

Thanks for all of your replied, unfortunately I got a letter this morning saying I did NOT make the interview stages.

Hmm.

10. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Upwards and onwards mate - keep applying :thumbleft

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud