pointers for ICND2

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by keconnect sparky, Jan 16, 2009.

1. keconnect sparky

keconnect sparky Nibble Poster

Hey peeps,

Well Exam day is looming forever forward .....28th Jan :blink

Iv been studying hard, and completing my cbt training/books and googled about for some scenarios and questions to test my knowledge - not much kicking about.

Just wondered if anyone could give any tips (not that im wanting to cheat) but im more panicking i guess - i don't like exams :eek:

iv referenced the cisco ICND2 topics and have covered as good as everything, just wondered if someone who had taken it recently had any words of wisdom? - my main fear is of IPV6 (which i am trying to through myself into, but ....)

Certifications: MCP, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA-S
    WIP: CCNP (ROUTE)
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

My only advice would be to be careful about googling about for scenarios and questions... you'll likely find those braindumps you are trying to avoid.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

Had a go at any simulators? You're going to need to be able to know how to implement the configurations and such that you've learnt about in the theory. If you've got any Cisco kit to practise on, I'd do so now, and lots of it. All the basic sorts of commands for the tested areas. I've only done ICND 1, but it did seem to make a point of checking that I could do everything required.

*Has tried not to disclose anything specific*

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  4. keconnect sparky

Oh yeah iv got my my kit - iv implemented everything that is required on the ICND2 exam (switching and routing) ...tis ok, looks like im treading close to a delicate subject here.

Im not looking for brain damps etc, just thought id ask about and see what things anyone else has covered or done to help them through the exam prep

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I know of a great study resource for ICND2... you might even say I created it (with a little help from my friends). 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. keconnect sparky

7. Septima77

Septima77 Nibble Poster

I hope you did allright.
    I will go for CCNA in one exam.
    Booking the exam after the weekend.
    Then.... security and voice. (already started)

Certifications: CCNA CCNAS CCNAV
    WIP: CCVP
  8. keconnect sparky

Hi mate, many thanks!

Yes i can confirm i did pass and i got my CCNA :biggrin
    I posted a msg on this thread here: http://certforums.co.uk/forums/thread30697.html i didn't want to double up the threads hehe.

Ialso have been having some talks with my line manager (for whom i report to for my second line support role) and it has been put forward i have a talk with the head of our Network Operations to see if can move over to their team as i want to further pursue my Cisco career onward through the CCNP track :D

Wish me luck, im going to hopefully have a chat today ...... <fingers crossed>