Pofes Mas vs CBT Nuggest vs Train signal Vids.

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by shocksl, Apr 10, 2012.

1. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

Whats the pros and cons for each? in terms of detail, ease, intersting etc

Which do you prefer if you had to choose and why?

2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

by Pofes Mas, do you mean Professor Messor? If so, i've used some of his stuff, found it the easiest to get on with, his accent etc isn't too anoying, where as the CBT nuggets vids etc the guys voice just went through me a bit. That's probably just a personal thing though.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

yes sorry mate, YOUR RIGHT i meant Professor Mes.

would you say he breaks it down better than CBT nuggets etc?

and also do you have links to his vids as I am told their free.

I already have CBT and Train signal vids.

4. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I found them better personally, but as said that was part due to the fact that the CBT nuggets voice just went through me a bit. The videos are good though, things well explained etc. certainly they have helped me understand things that I need to understand.

All the videos are on his website:

Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft Certification Training

He also does like A+, Security + and so on and so on.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  5. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

I found CBT nuggets have great knowledge but James Conrad just winds me up with the lame jokes and off-topic comments.

Professor Messer is great, but it is bite-size information and I don't think it is enough to pass the exam alone (I've only done A+).

Both, especially if you know the knowledge to a certain degree, are boring to listen to. I can't count the amount of times I've fallen asleep on the train while trying to revise. Having them play at 2x or 3x definitely helps, so I'd recommend doing that regardless of who you decide.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  6. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

thanks guys! really apreciate the advice!!! repped!

which do you feel goes hand in hand with the micrsosft Press Book in terms of in order?

My knowledge isnt that great.

7. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

I 'presume' its the windows 7 exam your doing? If so, start with Professor Messer while doing the MS Press Book. That entire package would be £20 and you can get a feel of the course.

Write notes, do ALOT of labs and make a list of areas you're really struggling with. Once you've finished the videos and the book, go back to your list and see whether:

a) You just want to revisit the areas using your current resources
    b) Practice test exams and battle it
    c) Purchase additional training resources, increasing your cost but making you more confident. Consider other books (Dan Polson) or CBT/Trainsignal.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010