Pls n1 to Help me

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Helder Julio, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Helder Julio

Helder Julio New Member

Hi there!

Please I'm intending to do a ccna course, as i'm completly new with computer, I would like to know where to start i.e. should I start with mcse then A+, Network+ then CCNA or what? Please I need an advice.

10x

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you're new to computers, the CCNA is not the best thing for you... the CCNA is for people who are already doing network administration... and network administration isn't usually done for years after you get into IT.

What you ought to pursue is the A+, Network+, and MCDST... and no farther until you get some real-world IT experience under your belt.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Exactly what BosonMichael said, no point jumping into the lake when you've never dipped your toe into the kiddy pool. Try self studying for the A+ by using either Mike Meyers A+ All In One or the Sybex All In One, this will take you from a beginner user to help desk support tech in a matter of months. From there move onto either Network+ or MCDST, if you want to go the CCNA route then I would suggest Network+.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+