please look at here!

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by kobem, Sep 8, 2007.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i removed php5 and apache server now what should i do?

before uninstallation second question : i created an html file with notepad then displayed it via browser

BUT i also created
    a file which has extension .php with notepad AND THE BROWSER
    SHOWED ME ALL CODES I WROTE , IT DIDN'T SHOW ME THE
    RESULT IN .PHP FILE WHY?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It all depends on what you want to do - there are rather a lot of possibilities. :biggrin
    Because the php file was not run through the PHP Apache module. That module interprets the PHP format and acts on what it finds. Your browser doesn't know how to deal with PHP, so displays the file as text.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

You were on the right track before in terms of creating and serving PHP pages using apache, its just it sounded you were out of your depth.

If you are really serious about learning PHP I'd get a few good books and use the XAMPP distro as reccomended. The books will hopefully give you an easy step by step process of how to get started and put it into context.

A browser can interpret 'client side' stuff like HTML, CSS, flash, javascript. ASP, JSP, PHP etc are designed to be 'server side' scripting languages, they are designed to be processed on the server. The server then 'renders' a response which contains client side HTML/Javascript etc that the browser understands.

We all have to start somewhere, and I'm all for asking the 'dumb' questions in order to ensure proper understanding, but these are some very basic questions to be asking based on what you are trying to accomplish, you should really be able to gain a better understanding by studying the subject matter a little before asking for help. Ever heard the phrase RTFM ? I know many people are proud to get through life without reading stuff, and being able to derive stuff from first principles shows the ability to do original work, however researching the subject generally will get you 90% of the way there in IT.