Please i really need your help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by barcelo, Jul 9, 2006.

1. barcelo

barcelo New Member

I am planning to take the ccna on tuesday july 11th. Please help me here. Thnaks a lot!!!

There is Vlan trunking sim lab I had in my last ccna test I miserably failed.

There are 4 switches and two routers. Your PC is consoled into only one of the switches.

fa 0/0.1 192.168.1.254 VLAN 1
    fa 0/0.22 192.168.22.254 VLAN 22
    fa 0/0.33 192.168.33.254 VLAN 33
    fa 0/0.44 192.168.44.254 VLAN 44

1) SwX was taken out of the network. It will be reconnected to fa 0/16 of SW=AC3. What happens to the network when it is reconnected and a trunk exists between two switches?

The answer would be either "Vlans server, management, production and nowhere will be removed from existing switches" either "Vlans server, management, production and nowhere will replace the vlan on Swx".

2)
    To find the switch port connected to the router R1?

"show running-config" or "show ip route"???

3) to find the default gateway connected to fa0/4 of switch?

"show int fa0/4"?

4)to find ports operating as trunks ?

"show trunks" or "show spanning-tree"?

5) I had this question "out of which port on sw-AC3 would a frame containing an ip packet with a destination address that is not a local LAN be forwarded?"

I have no clue!!

A Similar question like "out of which ports on sw-AC3a frame be forwarded that has source mac address 0010.5a0c.fd88 and destination mac 000a.8a47.e612 ?

Thanks a lot!!!

2. Spice_Weasel

Spice_Weasel Kilobyte Poster

1) Either answer is possible, depending on the configuration on the switches. Review your VTP study material. It depends on the VTP domain names, the VTP mode (server, client, or transparent) and the config revision number.

2) show ip route will display the interface connected to a router, but on a switch it will likely be a virtual interface, such as sco or svi. If you want to know the actual physical interface I would try show running.

3) Not sure about your question. The default gateway of a switch will be reachable via a particular vlan, or a trunk/dot1q/ISL link, depending on the configuration. If you just want to see the default gateway do -> show ip route

4) show trunk (in COS), not show trunks. show interfaces trunk in IOS.

5) Switches will broadcast unknown MAC's out all ports on the vlan (except the incoming port).

Hope that helps,

Spice_Weasel

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-ER,MCP
    WIP: CCIE