Please help me out!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Juelz, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I'm going to cut a long story short, and basically just ask if someone who knows what they are talking about could give me a list of certs I should go for in order of completion which will prove adequate knowledge for an entry level IT support role. Keep in mind Im really rusty when it comes to computers as Im a few years behind, I only just got windows8 laptop a few hours ago! also I live in the UK (if that helps).. your list will be very much appreciated and maybe then I wont have to make so many darn threads which more or less asks the same question lol.

2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Look at getting the CompTIA A+ first and then perhaps the CompTIA Network+ thereafter. That should be enough for your first role.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
    Juelz likes this.
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Yeah alot of people have said CompTIA A+ but I never see it on any job adverts... I see alot of MS certs though so I very sceptical. But yeah CompTIA seems to be everyones favourite on this forum

4. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

It may not be advertised on many job applications, but both certifications will give you a good foundation to build upon.

The trouble with going for too many certifications, without much working experience to back it up, doesn't seem to suit many employers. You're better off getting the above, getting your foot in the door somewhere, and whatever you're exposed to, get certified in. That way, you will find your learning easier as you use the products on a day-to-day basis.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
    Juelz likes this.
  5. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

hello and welcome, exactly what BB88 said.. :)

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: MD-100