Please forgive me

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dreec, Feb 5, 2004.

1. dreec

dreec Nibble Poster

Suddenly realised I have not formally introduced myself;

Hello all,

I'm dreec I work as the Head of an IT department.

I have also setup and ran my own .com business in the past

I decided to get into IT about 4 years ago, old job was boring as hell. So picked up Netwoking Essentials (2nd Edition) and the rest is history as they say. Can still remeber the late nights the often strong language I would shout at the PC and / or book and the frustration of starting off

I tend to speak from the heart and have strong views about certain topics of which I am happy to share!!

When I started out I used forums like this one to help me through my exams and to understand certain topics better.

I joined certforums not only to help myself, as to me studying is now a life long objective, but primaily to help others, sort of pay it back if you like.

Full cert list is as follows;
    MCP, MCP+I, MCSA Charter Member (W2k), MCSE (NT4.0), MCSE (W2k)
    CIW Associate, Pro CIW Designer, Pro CIW E-Commerce, Master CIW Site Designer
    A+, CCNA

Currently working on Security+, CCNP, Exchange 2000

Also dabble with Visual Basic, ASP, Python, Java, JavaScript, SQL, and Linux

I have included the above so people know where I am coming from.

Already had a few discussions with people but happy to meet you all and look forward to a good and bright future.

Must admit can not wait to get into chat room with some of you guys! :wink:

As a friend of mine used to say, there are 2 things you should remember when introducing yourself on a forum;

1) Always leave them asking for more

Certifications: To many to list here, to few to matter
    WIP: None
  2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Welcome dreec, this place was set up as a place for people, experienced or not, could learn and develop there skills. Im sure you will be a valuable asset here.

Make yourself comfortable and i am sure the rest of the guys will be along shortly to introduce themselves. :D

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome, dreec. Head of an IT Department. I'm impressed. Glad you joined the party. I'd love to hear your insights as you study for the Security+ and CCNP. I do a bit of technical writing and have been recently involved in some material involving network security and Layer 2 and 3 switches. Glad you're here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to certforums dreec, I'll look forward to much more tipping over of bandwagons :D

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome dreec,

Make yourself at home, help out whenever you can. Glad to have you onboard.

Oh an BTW what was no.2 tell me please, please I want to know please.. :clown :lolbang

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Welcome Dreec (is that your real name - where is it from?). Make yourself at home and look forward to seeing you around the board and in the chat room.

:smilesco:

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

You will fit in here well

Sheet that is going some in 4 years - BTW what is a MCSA Charter Member :?:

8. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Sandy, they made something like the first 5000 MCSA's charter members, you got a blue and silver certificate but apart from that I don't think there were any other benefits that I noticed.

9. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Ahhh right! I am not that bright and need to do things 1000 times before they become automatic so will never become a member of that "elite" club.

10. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

I'm with you there Sandy, but when I took 218 I had already done the rest of the MCSE so there wasn't really any new material to cover.

11. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Hello :!:

12. dreec

dreec Nibble Poster

Thanks for the welcome all
    Phil's right the first 5000 MCSA's were made Charter Members, did the 218 as beta and was all I needed for MCSA.

Rosy - No dreec is not my real name it is a long story as to where the name comes from, maybe one day I will get in to it.

Sandy - IT is not only my job it is also my hobby, I spend about 20 hours a day 6 days a week just messing around with 'puters and the like. I absolutely love IT (sad I know!). I suppose the ability to speed read, a memory which has been 'classed' as photographic, and insomina since the age of 12 helps as well!

SimonV - Number 2 is............nah save that for a rainy day
    :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  13. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Dreec - an official welcome to CertForums from me also, echoing what the Guys said above...

I know you'll take this as I intend it, but you remind me of the character in any of those old Western movies that kicks open the Saloon doors, shoots h€ll out of every glass/bottle/breakable thing in the place, then says "My name's ....."

Good to meet you - dare say we'll speak again before long :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  14. dreec

dreec Nibble Poster

Damn you got me!!
    :lol:

15. Cartman

Cartman Byte Poster

Bit slow off the mark for me (for a change) but welcome m8, hope to see you around....