Please advice me on my situation......

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by dburnejones, Jun 15, 2011.

1. dburnejones

dburnejones New Member

Hi, I am working as a Developer in very slow paced work environment. I don't have much work to do, it has de motivated me so much and i have lost my confidence as well.

I have got a job offer from other city and now i am very confused just thinking that i might not be able to fit in fast paced work environment and might not pass the 6 month probation period.

Can anyone pls advice me what should i do?

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Depends on you really.
    Some people are happy in a slow-paced environment, and some people need the buzz of a constant challenge.
    Personally, I'd be happy to be paid a salary to do not much work and to do it slowly.
    However, if you feel that this is not for you, then you may be happier with the longer commute, extra working hours and more pressure.

The main thing is, how you feel is inside you - not generated by outside circimstances.
    So, if you're not happy with your present lot, then change it. If you don't want to change it, then learn to accept what you've got and be happy with it.

Don't forget, you could make a change that you would regret. The grass always looks greener but isn't...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD