PIX timeouts? Something else maybe?

Discussion in 'Network Security' started by kammodo, Nov 6, 2008.

1. kammodo

kammodo Nibble Poster

Hello,

I am configuring a PIX 506e firewall at the moment. All sems to be going well. I am using PDM through a local connection and I have full connectivity to the internet. My problem is that the browser or the PIX keeps on dropping the PDM connection and Im having to keep on closing the browser and signing back into the PDM. I have set the SSH timeout to 30 min and the host PCs IP as the allowed address. Is there some sort of 'other' time out policy that Im not extending on the PIX or is it the browser (used IE + mozilla) dropping the connection? Any suggestions would be much appreciated because I cant even get through the VPN wizard without the connection dropping.

Certifications: CCNA R+S, CCDA , CCNP r+s , CCDP
    WIP: CCIE
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Searching the Web, it might be a problem with JRE 1.6 - what are you using? You might try 1.5 or 1.4.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. kammodo

kammodo Nibble Poster

Hello Boson,

I was using JRE 1.6 update 2. Ive now loaded update 10 and will see how far I get. If I keep having to sign in to the https then I will roll back to JRE 1.4 or 1.5 and Ill hopefully stop pulling my hair out once it working. Thanks for the advice!

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Amen to that - I've never managed to use PDM successfully with any consistency on any version of JRE after 1.4

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. kammodo

kammodo Nibble Poster

Happy days! New JRE in, VPN works and Im of to the Pub. See ya!

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Glad to be of assistance. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!